VZW Refurb - Cannot Delete SMS/Text Messages
Serenity3264

I have seen plenty of threads revolving around the inability to delete txt/sms messages. I am on my 5th? replacement for my Droid X because each 'Verizon Certified Refurbished" phone was more broken than the last. That in and of itself says a lot about Verizon's 'Refurbishing' of phones (like they probably do not turn them on and test them before they send them out again) But back to my point. This is the first replacement that has had the issue of not being able to delete text messages. I figure with the problem having been found in July of 2010 that there would be a fix from one community or another. Perhaps there was a fix and it was broken again with a newer update or release. I'm not all that sure. I just know that this is highly frustrating..... Just a little rant. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the service I get from Verizon however it would be nice if they sent me a phone that functioned properly instead of a lets pretend it's been certified and send a refurb, or instead of offering me a downgraded phone like the Droid2 or something no where near comparable they could offer me an 'unbroken' DroidX...... I'm just saying.....

0 Likes
Re: VZW Refurb - Cannot Delete SMS/Text Messages
Wildman
Legend

All you have to do is press and hold on message and Delete Conversation of if message wont delete i would just hard reset

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Serenity3264,

Sorry to hear that you had so many replacements. The steps that was provided prior to my post is the correct method on deleting text messages. Another thing that may also have effected this ability is the message limit. You can set the message limit on the thread under settings from the SMS thread. I recommend setting a limit of about 200. If you are still having issues with your device, feel free to send me a private message with your mobile number or account number & we can review additional options.

Thank you...

Arnetth_VZW

0 Likes
davidmanvell
Enthusiast - Level 3
i have a lot of messages. when i try to delete an individual text or an entire conversation (like the above poster directed) i notice that the older the text or conversation the longer it takes to refresh after ive deleted it.

ive actually had the phone take over a minute to refresh after deleting. if you have a large amount of texts it may be youre just not waiting long enough.
0 Likes