While trying to update to Ver 2.2 my download never got past 47%. The download never got past 47% in about 45 minutes. I turned the phone off and back on and the download arrow in the task bar went away but when I go back into the phone and attempt to download again I get a message telling me an update is currently being downloaded and that I will be notified when complete. I see absolutely no indication that anything is going on and it has been 6 hours since my first attempt. The phone is stock and has not been rooted, etc.
Any ideas how to restart the download?
This is a system error in the phone. Once you perform a factory reset it should resolve the problem. The steps are listed below:
1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)