Verizon Customer Service
Hammy25

I have been a Verizon Customer For over 20 Years (way before it was even Verizon) i can HONESTLY tell you i am EXTREMELY disappointed.  No one is willing to help me at all. I guess Customer loyalty means nothing anymore!  I have the Droid Incredible 2 That all of a sudden stopped working. it wont charge and wont turn on. when its plugged in the Orange light just will occasionally  blink, and no luck of getting it turned on. I tried doing everything the Hard reset, cleaning it and yet still no fix. I have been on the phone with verizon ALL morning long trying to get this resolved and i get NO help. the only help they can give me is by saying "well your up for an upgrade you can come get a new phone." now tell me this... Why in the world would i want to sign up for another 2 yrs of HORRIBLE customer service with you when you cant even help me with the problem at hand? i pay 6.99 a month to have INSURANCE for problems like this. My phone still looks like it came out of the box. not even a scratch. And by seeing everyone else having the EXACT same problem, its obvious that its a manufacture defect. Hopefully One day this world could get back to doing the right thing. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you have TEC, take it into a store and see if they can be of more help. Sometimes, showing someone the problem is more convincing than trying to explain it over the phone.

0 Likes
Samsungnohappy
Enthusiast - Level 2

even the reply you received from Verizon sounds snotty.  That's what's been happening to me too.  Long delays on the phone and then the problem isn't resolved. 

Not applicable

Hammy25 wrote:

I have been a Verizon Customer For over 20 Years (way before it was even Verizon) i can HONESTLY tell you i am EXTREMELY disappointed.  No one is willing to help me at all. I guess Customer loyalty means nothing anymore!  I have the Droid Incredible 2 That all of a sudden stopped working. it wont charge and wont turn on. when its plugged in the Orange light just will occasionally  blink, and no luck of getting it turned on. I tried doing everything the Hard reset, cleaning it and yet still no fix. I have been on the phone with verizon ALL morning long trying to get this resolved and i get NO help. the only help they can give me is by saying "well your up for an upgrade you can come get a new phone." now tell me this... Why in the world would i want to sign up for another 2 yrs of HORRIBLE customer service with you when you cant even help me with the problem at hand? i pay 6.99 a month to have INSURANCE for problems like this. My phone still looks like it came out of the box. not even a scratch. And by seeing everyone else having the EXACT same problem, its obvious that its a manufacture defect. Hopefully One day this world could get back to doing the right thing. 

And you know that EVERY Droid Incredible 2 is having the exact same problem how? That's gotta be hundreds of thousands if not millions of phones.  And you know for certain it's a manufacturing defect and not a rogue app you have installed that caused your problem because?

It seams to me that by the time you would pay the deductible on your insurance, it might be cheaper for you to upgrade to a newer phone. Plus, if you get a new phone and you don't like it you can return it within 14 days and move to a different provider if you so choose. Which with the insurance option once you pay the deductible, you can't get it back.

However, best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

shawtyinsc
Enthusiast - Level 1

had the same issue...take it to a cell phone repair shop in your area and have the charger port replaced. i just had mine changed this week.  phone working like a charm now. im due for an upgrade but dont want to spend $200 to get a new phone that i really want

0 Likes
lynerb226
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh Hammy, I am sincerely sorry you experienced all of that.
Pretty much all departments for VZW get docked for being on the phone too long. That and the fact that they can't physically see the phone, and simply go through pre-written "troubleshooting steps" they always have a limited number of ways to help you.
It's understandable that you wouldn't want to re-new.
I guess at that point in time, when their troubleshooting guide runs out, and there is a long silence in the place of them saying, "I have no idea what to do", their best idea was to just have you replace the phone entirely.

If this happened to me, I'd try to activate some kind of temporary phone on that line and tough it out until upgrade.
But I'm a very passive pushover without a mean bone in my body, so that's probably not the best solution.

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

If you havent already...make sure you have tried another charger to make sure it's not the charger.  If you have a store close to you see if they have a battery to test in it also.  You mentioned you pay 6.99 for insurance.  Make sure you still have that feature first.  If you have it that provides insurance through Asurion for lost, stolen and damaged phones.  It also provides an extended warranty through verizon.  As long as there is no damage they should be able to replace it at no cost for you provided it's the phone.  If it's the battery or charger they only have a 1yr warranty.  If you have tried all of that, call again and make sure you are with technical support and let them know all the steps you have tried.  Again...if you have the 6.99 tec feature on your account, your phone(not the battery etc) is still under warranty provided there is no damage.  Hope this helps!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get to the bottom of this, Hammy25!

I know its important to have a working device. I would like to look further into this. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I do so.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes