Re: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE announced with 4-inch screen and Ice Cream Sandwich
Wildman
Legend

You think the Rezound is huge? You must haven't looked at none of the newer devices.

I always thought it was to small for me.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE announced with 4-inch screen and Ice Cream Sandwich
rstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, actually I do.  It's funny because I usually subscribe to bigger is better (MHz, GB, megapixels) but in the case of a smartphone, there is this gray area between right size/functionality and I just bought a mini-tablet.  Let's face it, with the processors, memory and app availability in the marketplace, today's smartphone is a mini-tablet but that's not how I use it.  For me it is an email device and phone.  While I'll occasionally use the rear camera, if I want to take a really good picture, I'm going to use my DSLR.  If I'm going to listen to music, I don't need a power sucking 4.3" screen to do that.  I'm not likely to ever watch a movie on it, so for the convenience and pocketability of the smaller 4" screen, I think I'm going to be very happy with the Incredible 4G.  Now if they would just get the damn thing on the market so I can buy one.

0 Likes
KDeWitty
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ended up purchasing the rezound, but had moderate reservations about the size. I’m a female and have smaller hands, so initially I was worried (I think the size actually helps, I’ve dropped this phone far less than I have any of my smaller phones – woohoo!). Now I really wouldn’t trade anything for my rezound – except for maybe the incredible 4g which I view as a mini rezound… anywho… the only thing official I’ve heard/seen from Verizon is that it will be available “in the coming weeks”. Take that ambiguity as you please… but at least they didn’t say ‘months’. Good luck!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Looks like July 5th is the target date.  Doubt I can post a link without angering the powers that be but it's on droid-life.com for anyone interested.  Still can't believe they passed on the One X for a qHD screen, 1GB of ram, 1700mAh battery. meh...

0 Likes
rstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that date is true.  June 21st was the rumored date for a while and that one didn't work out.  If I want to keep my unlimited data plan, I have to do something before 6/28 so I'm toying with getting the Rezound since they have it on sale for $80 so that I lock in my unlimited data.  Once the Incredible 4G comes out I'll go try it in the store and if I really like it better and it does launch on 7/5 then I will be inside the 14-day return and hopefully can get the Incredible and keep the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....that's NOT what i wanted in a new htc. now i'm pondering the s3, or just keeping my bolt to see what they offer for the holidays. hopefully by then, there will be another htc in the mix.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I think this is a worthwhile consideration for someone who doesn't need the highest-end device on the market. I love the Incredible 2. The display size is perfect for me, it runs almost flawlessly and the battery life is unbelievably good. I'm a moderate to heavy user, yet I'm rarely below 30% battery charge at 10 p.m. I'd love the addition of 4G and NFC though.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I always liked mine Syd i just wished they would have released it a little sooner Smiley Sad but i'm all set with what i got so no more pouting b33

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i agree sydney, and i LOVED my original incredible. however, i think it will launch at $199 and at that price, it just doesn't stack up to other devices out there for $199. i think if they are going to launch something with slightly inferior specs, then the price should reflect that. maybe $99....or even $149. it's going to be tough to sell this when it will be sitting on display near an s3, for the same price.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

AZSALUKI it was Announced it will Lunch July 5 At $199.99 on a 2 year with a $50.00 off rebate Making it $149.99 Not a Bad price at all..Smiley Happy b

Inc 4 G.jpg