Verizon Messages
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to send a group message without it converting to MMS? Not all people have smart phones and some don't receive it at all or it looks like hieroglyphics. Why no option to send group messages as SMS? Other message apps have this option, therefore it can be accomplished. Is Verizon trying to make money by forcing people to use expensive data?

Also, why do I need to have my data turned on in order to receive or send MMS when I'm connected to wifi or why can't it use Verizon service other than data? My old phone which wasn't a smartphone didn't have an option for data at all, yet it sent and received MMS with no trouble at all. I can't leave my data on all the time or it will consume it through background apps and Verizon's data is very expensive.

Is there a better text message app?

P.S. Can we get rid of the ridiculous contact icons or at least be able to disable it. Do they really expect us to take a pictue of all our contacts. My phone doesn't even have a place for a microSD (which I don't understand why) and has very limited space available. Especially for pics, music and videos.

My phone: Motorola Droid Mini

Version: 4.4.4

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages
rcschnoor
Legend

mrmatthew wrote:

Is there any way to send a group message without it converting to MMS? Not all people have smart phones and some don't receive it at all or it looks like hieroglyphics. Why no option to send group messages as SMS? Other message apps have this option, therefore it can be accomplished. Is Verizon trying to make money by forcing people to use expensive data? Verizon does not charge you for data used for MMS messaging. That data usage does not count against your data allowance, only your texting allowance. If you have unlimited texting, there is no additional charge for the data used for MMS messages. If you are charged per text, you are only charged the set rate for an MMS message.

Also, why do I need to have my data turned on in order to receive or send MMS when I'm connected to wifi or why can't it use Verizon service other than data? My old phone which wasn't a smartphone didn't have an option for data at all, yet it sent and received MMS with no trouble at all. I can't leave my data on all the time or it will consume it through background apps and Verizon's data is very expensive.

Is there a better text message app?

P.S. Can we get rid of the ridiculous contact icons or at least be able to disable it. Do they really expect us to take a pictue of all our contacts.No, they don't expect you to take a picture of all of your contacts. That is totally up to you. The app is completely happy to use the default image if you don't have a specific image associated with a contact.

My phone doesn't even have a place for a microSD (which I don't understand why) and has very limited space available. Especially for pics, music and videos. If the amount of space available on your phone is a problem, you should have purchased a phone with storage space commensurate with your needs.

My phone: Motorola Droid Mini

Version: 4.4.4

0 Likes