Verizon Text Message About Froyo
bftrask

I recently recieved a text message from Verizon Wireless which stated; 

Free VZW Msg. Your Droid Incredible was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://droiddoes.com/2.2i

From what I can tell I have yet to recieve the update. Under settings/about phone/system updates, it says the system is up to date. However, when I go to settings/about phone/software info the current firmware is version 2.1-update1. 

1. Why did I get this message?

2. When should I expect the update? 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Text Message About Froyo
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can clear the cache on the phone and i believe you'll then be prompted. the only problem, is that i can't for the life of me find where you do that. can anyone help?????

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

open your browser, go to menu, settings, and clear the cache. this did not work for everyone, but many people reported that shortly after doing this, they got the notification to download the update.

0 Likes
kmanrath

The clearing cache did not work for me and I do it quite often.

0 Likes
aleka9230

i got the same message as you then i just got impatient and manually downloaded and installed it

0 Likes
MattO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting I was told I had to do nothing.    Is this a fix for the 2.2?

0 Likes
Grayson

The text message comes a few days prior to the actual OTA update. Be patient.

0 Likes
kymedic25

I got the same text message.  Called VZW customer support and they were no help.  I just cleared my cache to see if that helps.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

0 Likes
kymedic25

Grayson wrote:

The text message comes a few days prior to the actual OTA update. Be patient.

Patience is not a virtue I was given!!!!

0 Likes
Wolfwalker

Does anyone know approximately how many days it takes after getting the text message? 

My phone is currently experiencing the rebooting issue, where in I use it for a bit, it shuts down, and then keeps rebooting **bleep**ting down rebotting until you pull out the battery.  I'm hoping that upgrading to Froyo might solve that issue, and I'm a little nervous that if it doesn't, I may need to replace my phone or something:/

0 Likes