Verizon Update Issue: Yelp Not Opening Google Maps when selecting "Find Directions" (among other issues)
mljumpman

Hi,

I have an issue with my Yelp app not opening Google Maps app when selecting "Find Directions" or the address of a business. Instead, it says "Unable to load the location" and opens up the HTC Footprints app.

This happened ever since the new Verizon software update that was pushed couple weeks ago around June 20th.

I have already cleared the cache of Yelp app, which did not work. I also did a factory reset of the phone then downloaded the Yelp app and unfortunately that did not work either.

Is anybody else experiencing this and know how to fix this?

Other issue from the new update include my contact pictures not showing up in my messaging app.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Update Issue: Yelp Not Opening Google Maps when selecting "Find Directions" (among other issues)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would check the App Associations.  Settings > applications > app associations > Map address

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Update Issue: Yelp Not Opening Google Maps when selecting "Find Directions" (among other issues)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would check the App Associations.  Settings > applications > app associations > Map address

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mljumpman

Thanks! That worked!

0 Likes