Verizon What the HE!@ did you do with this DI2 Update?
fampro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the latest update since it was released.  Between the problems I'm having now and this darn data rate change - I'm ready to become ANYONE's cell user other than Verizon.

WHAT the HE@# did you do to the darn phone. It's basically unusable. I had hoped maybe my screen protector was starting to wear out - so I put a new one on, and then after a week removed it.   The darn thing has a mind of it's own. I drag on the screen one time and it will unlock, drag it 2 minutes later, and even though the pattern is correct - it won't accept it.

Then i go to just scroll the screen and it decides that some reason I selected phone -a nd then goes ahead and calls the last number i dialed. When I hit end call, it ends - but then goes right back and dials again.

I'm TRYING to do a backup - but even though i just touched it once - it goes and keeps clicking Sync, then hit's cancel itself - then sync again - and keeps repeating over and over again..

OH _ and I called Verzion - guess what - HARD RESET - COME ON!   The tech says it's a "known issue" - and we are "working on it" - good - how about you WORK ON giving me a full credit to my bill because I have a phone I can't use because of YOUR INCOMPITENCE!

OH - and now you want to raise my bill even higher - FOR WHAT - to get even worse!  This is not a money issue - this is a poor management issue.

I'm going to any other cell provider i can - thank you for giving me an unusable phone - because it shows me just how much i DO NOT need you!

Re: Verizon What the HE!@ did you do with this DI2 Update?
loyal2mydroid

I can understand how frustrating it is when you have a device that you cant use. My incredible 2 just crashed because of the charging port going bad. However there is one thing that you along with alot of others on this forum do not realize. Verizon provides the service for these devices they are not the manufacturer. Which means verizon is not the one putting out the software updates but rather the manufacturer is. Htc provides the updates as they see updates are needed for whatever reason. Because verizon is the service provider the updates are sent through your service with verizon. If your tv decides it doesnt want to work anymore are you going to blame your cable or satellite company? These devices are verizon branded meaning they will work with verizon services but that does not make verizon the maker of these devices. This goes for any service provider not just verizon. If you go to another service provider try googling some of their devices first. I can guarantee you will find similar issues with devices from other service providers as well because they deal with the same manufacturers...htc, motorola, lg, samsung, apple and so forth. Htc is to blame here for the way the phone was made and for the software updates that ruined many incredible 2's and other devices..........just saying.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

You are correct and I have talked to HTC and they say the same thing, "they know about the problems and are working on it". I have the same issues as OP plus a few extra, ie. not receiving phone calls and my personal favorite is fill up the people contacts with a bunch of "Unknown" contacts. If it wasn't such a pain it would be funny. Too bad really, because until the July update the phone worked pretty much flawlessly. Less than a month and I will be done with Android, going to Apple. I have had no luck with Android, Droid X was a great device until a software update (gingerbread) totally ruined it. After several of those being replaced and a couple Droid X2's finally got the Dinc2 and now it is ruined by a software update. Just seems like Apple is simpler and a little more reliable....but time will tell with that I suppose.

0 Likes
fampro
Enthusiast - Level 2

BDA - thanks for the feedback. And like you when the contract is up - I'll probably go to Apple - and I'm also going to do whatever I can to get out of Verzion thanks to this Family share.

Yes the update 'comes' from HTC - but from my understanding they are supposed to be tested and validated by Verizon - after all - if it was ONLY HTC - then I should be able to remove all the Verizon applications plus the other junk that they automatically throw on my phone.   I've had the phone for over a year now and was trying to hold out. Guess I'm just at my whits end with this terrible Family Share that we are pretty much being forced into.

And - if my TV's software was provided to me by Verizon - YES, I'd be on their back about it not working.  I'm paying QUITE ENOUGH for Verizon for the very little that they provide in return.   Don't get me started on how many cable boxes I've had swapped out, and I am pretty much on a 9 month rotation of the most cable diagnostics they provide now is swapping out the splitter, or replacing the modem with one "already in their truck".

As a SERVICE provider - I expect them to provide the service I am paying what appears to be even more for.

As I said, not much to fear - at least Apple has enough to push back and control the software 100%.  So when I get an update from Apple on their iPhone - I know to blame Apple.   Sorry - but you also find out that there is a new android version - and then mysteriously - everyone has their own release date - again - an Android beef.  When Apple releases an update - you either are compatible and can get it - or not.    This update to my HTC2 was FORCED - I had the option of OK to select the update.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

It almost seems like they hold off on the updates to make people want to buy a newer phone to get the new software. And just like you said apple puts out an update and either you are compatible and get or not. I have iPod touch that runs the same version software as the iPhone 4 and its a 2 generation iPod. They probably took the incredible off the list for Ice cream sandwich update so they will sell the incredible 4g.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Ok so you updated to the new system (which is put out by google not verizon and you don't HAVE TO get it) and managed to lock yourself out of your phone.......  What magic solution do you expect other than a hard reset there's no other way into the phone because you locked yourself out lol.  So as it goes with the vast majority of consumers out there you first try to blame the product, then the provider lol in this post you have already redirected it showing clearly that the idea is to not accept responsibility for the situation.  You not knowing about software updates or unlocking devices is fine, but why would they credit your bill for that?  It's not their fault, the device familiarity is your responsibility, whether or not you software update is your responsibility, having a clue about using it is your responsibility.  Oh and a little tidbit here, that's not some "known issue" that just shows they were feeding you lines to get you to stop talking about it.  Also how is a phone service provider going to "work on" a problem with a software update from a company they don't work for on a device made by a company they don't work for?  lol take it up with those responsible for the responsibilities you wont take, not your service provider.  No credit is justified.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Is verizon supposed to open every box up, sync them with your account before re shrink wrapping them to make sure you can use them and then ship them?  lol.  Obviously it does not and would never work that way.  Verizon is providing SERVICE to your phone in the form of connectivity, is the electric company to blame if you drop your toaster in the tub?  YOu get what you pay for, you pay for a signal to connect to your phone and to be able to use it in your phone, the end.  Read the contract before signing.

0 Likes
fampro
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies BDA - I may have deleted one of YOUR posts by accident.

Some people appear to be trolls for the 'it's not our fault' Verizon.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

No problem, I don't think you did. Sad that you can come here looking for helpful suggestions and all you get is hateful responses from people............HTC has a forum as well but does not seem to be as active as this one or Motorola. Like I said I called HTC and they are aware of some of the issues, and are working on a solution. Of course google puts out the software, but VZW always seems to have the final say on what actually goes out to the device and when, which I would assume, incorrectly maybe, that VZW tests the software to see. I know when Motorola updates their phones it comes directly from Motorola after VZW checks it and adds whatever they want to add, ie. VZ Navigator.....Anyways, I hope it starts going better for you, I just have a few weeks left then I am jumping to iPhone, where Apple seems to be in control of the phone completely, except for the service provided, including not allowing VZW to add a bunch "who would want to use" Applications like VZ navigator or Let Golf 2.

0 Likes