Re: Verizon be ethical release eris update before incredible!
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
down fall is, doing so would make you a tester for a free application. The n you piad to deal with the bugs because you didn't want to wait. I think HTC took longer than the Mobile providers thought so they kind of let the information flow as it did, The 2.1 has many features added to it. I still haven't tried voice dialing with bluetooth though. I'm not sure if it works on the (leaked)release that is out. I can confirm you can control a different audio player via bluetooth now. I have mortplayer installed and the HTC music player isn't poping up anymore. I love that.
0 Likes
hornetjockey

I'm just going to say what I said in the other thread. Email them. Don't just post it in the forums. I don't think anybody but the Mods are reading these forums, so if you don't contact VZW directly you are wasting your breath.

If you don't get a response that you are satisfied with, try the numbers listed here:

http://consumerist.com/2008/04/reach-verizon-wireless-executive-customer-service-1.html

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

M3lton wrote:

You got me. I wasn't talked into buying the Eris, I had just done my research before I bought it and decided that having Google Maps, Bluetooth and everything else it came with was a huge perk to have on my phone. My phone. A device used to call people and to text.

I should be bothered too, that I don't have turn-by-turn GPS (which is the main big stink people are making), because having Pandora, a camera, tons of games, Gmail, my calendar, a barcode scanner, weather, YouTube, Google Sky, Google maps and internet as well as thousands of other apps that make my life easier is not enough for my cellular phone. I want more from my phone! And I demand it now or else I'm leaving Verizon forever!

Now, if that doesn't make people realize how lame they sound, I don't know what will.

Android 2.1 will come out for Eris. If it doesn't and I'm wrong, I guess I'll just have to settle for having a mobile device in my pocket that's better than my laptop. Bummer. Major bummer.

We're gonna have to agree to "partially disagree" on this...for me it is and always has been about the false pretenses by which I bought the phone. If I wanted 2.1 bad enough and was that sick of waiting for the official OTA I would just install the leak.

0 Likes
okie75

This is just a matter of what is expected of companies, promises and misleading salesmen aside. 2.1 is not like going from XP to Vista, it's like buying XP and not getting SP1 when it was really available,instead of making you upgrade your PC  to one that had SP1 installed.

0 Likes
Jujinky

{please keep your posts courteous}  So to put you straight, I'll reiterate in as simple a fashion as is possible.

Research on a phone only gives you one thing: current status on hardware, opinion-based performance evaluations, and current software.  I made the choice to look into the Eris simply because it was well rated.  In research and talking with the Verizon reps I  focused on the fact that I was looking for the current OS, or the ability to update to it.  Now, if I was told that there would not be an update or that end of life was imminent, I would have waited a month or two and picked up a newer phone with the current OS on it.

The fact that Verizon has over five years deliberately misled, lied, and failed to take ownership of its sales reps' promises or comments is why I and some others are angry.  I know a lot of people who have AT&T also, but at least you know up front what kind of crap service and duplicitous practices you are in for.  Verizon touts itself as the better place to be.  Verizon is dead wrong.

{please keep your posts courteous}  We just aren't impressed with your perfect life of perfect practices.  Here is a thought; why not educate yourself a little.  Maybe a lot.  Is your life really so empty and void that you can only find meaning and purpose by jumping on people with unsolicited attacks that have nothing to do with the basis or nature of their complaint?

{please keep your posts courteous}Lies and deception are not acceptable to some of us as customers.  Deal with it.

0 Likes