Verizon sim card problem, please help!
IrritatedJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I recently purchased a droid ultra, and I misplaced my sim card somewhere in the house.

I went to a Verizon store to try and get a new one but their new sim cards would go thru on my phone.

When he tried to call *228 or whatever, it gave a beep beep beep.

Anyone have any solutions for me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon sim card problem, please help!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also call customer service (800-922-0204) from any phone, and have a SIM card sent to you.  You can activate it online yourself at verizonwireless.com, log into your acocunt and choose to activate - you will need to enter the # on the SIM card and IMEI or ESN of your phone (usually found on the box or via settings on the phone - phone info....)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A corporate store will give you a free SIM card.  I'm not sure why you removed the one you had, but *228 is for updating the PRL on a basic phone.  The SIM card on smartphones is the *228 equivalent.  I'm not sure why the store's SIMs "would(n't) "go through."

IrritatedJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

They actually wanted $10 for a replacement.

The guy I went to in the Verizon store took 30+ minutes, all to tell me he couldn't figure out how to activate it due to the fact of when he tried to call the activation number, the beeping noise like the line was busy would happen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You went to a premium retailer if they were charging for the sim card. A corporate store would be free.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go to a Corporate store, not an authorized or premium retailer.  Do NOT use *228 on a 4G phone that uses a SIM.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also call customer service (800-922-0204) from any phone, and have a SIM card sent to you.  You can activate it online yourself at verizonwireless.com, log into your acocunt and choose to activate - you will need to enter the # on the SIM card and IMEI or ESN of your phone (usually found on the box or via settings on the phone - phone info....)

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you order a new SIM over the phone or over Live Chat, be sure you can be home on delivery day.  FedEx Express will deliver in 7-10 business days.  You must sign for it.  Also make sure that you have a correct phone number attached to the order.  If you have an apt or unit #, it WILL NOT be displayed on the label and the driver will need to call you to confirm that unit #.

0 Likes