Re: Verizon sold me (and my D2) to ATT, UGH!
arichard21

generally when there your contract is sold to another provider, they offer you to use your existing equiptment and go month to month, or they treat you like a new customer offering phones at a 2 yr contract price (of course with the 2 year contract). thats how it went when we were with unicel and was sold to ATT.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Well this time we can't use our existing equipment because the CDMA phone from Verizon is incompatible with AT&T's GSM network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
Well this time we can't use our existing equipment because the CDMA phone from Verizon is incompatible with AT&T's GSM network.

Sell your device which you can keep...  Sign the 2 year and get whatever you want and have money left over in your pocket...  All your problems solved.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You mean someone would pay good money for my baby Droid?

1) I refuse to buy a new phone and a two year contract from a company that I have repeatedly rejected as possible receiver of my business over the last ten years. They never had coverage where I live. With this sale, they might accomplish it. At the moment I have selected their designated "comparable" phone with no additional contract commitment. If the network meets the coverage of the Verizon network I get now, I will survive with that phone until my current contract end date which will be less than a year from when I get the AT&T phone. What happens at that point is yet to be determined.

2) Or I can try the free phone from AT&T for 2-25 days. Decide the network is whack and walk into a Verizon store say that I have a Droid Eris and I want to start a new monthly service, port my number back to Verizon, and cancel the AT&T and mail their inferior locked down phone back to them. I would gladly pay the restocking fee. Then whenever Verizon decides to release their LTE phones, I will be on a month to month and can get a new phone, maybe.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

1) I refuse to buy a new phone and a two year contract from a company that I have repeatedly rejected as possible receiver of my business over the last ten years. They never had coverage where I live. With this sale, they might accomplish it. At the moment I have selected their designated "comparable" phone with no additional contract commitment. If the network meets the coverage of the Verizon network I get now, I will survive with that phone until my current contract end date which will be less than a year from when I get the AT&T phone. What happens at that point is yet to be determined.

2) Or I can try the free phone from AT&T for 2-25 days. Decide the network is whack and walk into a Verizon store say that I have a Droid Eris and I want to start a new monthly service, port my number back to Verizon, and cancel the AT&T and mail their inferior locked down phone back to them. I would gladly pay the restocking fee. Then whenever Verizon decides to release their LTE phones, I will be on a month to month and can get a new phone, maybe.As much as I dislike ATT, I do give them credit for this clause. Now will they send techs out and say, 'Hey you have one bar in the yard, sorry". The way I read it, no. There are many upset people near me, even my neighbor. He has an Alltel phone with a Muskegon exchange he is going to ATT. I have a Grand Rapids number, and was switched to Verizon a year ago.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

2) Or I can try the free phone from AT&T for 2-25 days. Decide the network is whack and walk into a Verizon store say that I have a Droid Eris and I want to start a new monthly service, port my number back to Verizon, and cancel the AT&T and mail their inferior locked down phone back to them. I would gladly pay the restocking fee. Then whenever Verizon decides to release their LTE phones, I will be on a month to month and can get a new phone, maybe.

SO you finally calmed down and thought things rationally...  You finally figured you are in a great position, and you could actually have more money on top in the end with a little work.  I would have jumped on a chance to be sold like that as that's at least $300 in my pocket for doing nothing hahaha.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What??? Those choices have been the plan since July. I have just been waiting for the details to know how viable they could be.

As for selling my baby Droid, nah! I'm thinking February will be a good time to figure out how to get Amazon MP3 and a few other programs off it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then what's the purpose of this thread?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I stand corrected It wasn't you who started the thread.  I hope the guy who did post the thread read what was discussed between you and I and find out he's not in a bad position like he thinks he is in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tidbits wrote:

I stand corrected It wasn't you who started the thread.  I hope the guy who did post the thread read what was discussed between you and I and find out he's not in a bad position like he thinks he is in.

I think he might have figured it out.  I knew earlier that he posts to another website.  Here is the link to that thread since I can't use the link from the AT&T forums. That thread is in an area where you have to be registered to see.  Very weird IMHO.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/92637-my-open-letter-t-regarding-merger.h...

0 Likes