Verizon stopped selling or supporting the BIONIC?
jmurphy914
Enthusiast - Level 3

I looked on the site today to see if Verizon ever fixed the BIONIC. I traded mine for a Rezound after seeing they would never fix the data problem, So I was wondering what would have happened if I waited like they said to..

What I found was not only is it not fixed, but they stopped selling it altogether! If you own one and it has this data disconnect problem, I would say they have to exchange it for one they support and sell. This is a phone that came out around December 2011, and is no longer supported, updated, or even sold???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon stopped selling or supporting the BIONIC?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The release date for the DROID Bionic was September 8, 2011. If it is no longer for sale on the Verizon Wireless website then it has reached EOL. It will still be supported for some time on the software side.

As for time wise, that is about normal for smartphones these days. It went ten months. Which is better than some phones (DROID Eris - seven months).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Squeekers

And yet the Droid Charge is still available on their website?  From my experience with the Charge and from what I've read about its problems, the conclusion I've reached in that the Charge is the Edsel of smartphones. But Verizon is still selling it for $100 with an upgrade.  I now have the Bionic and couldn't be happier with it.  So the logic of Verizon escapes me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It must be available in your area yet. It wasn't available on the website for me as well. That's why I suggested it reached EOL.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chrismorrick

are they replacing in through warrenty? i not whats there similiar/like replacement

0 Likes