Re: Verizon to offer Droid 2 as replacement?
Soljonas
My son and my both own the original Droids. We both experienced dozens of issues and as a result over the course of a week and a half insisted that VZ replace the Droid 1 with the Droid 2. This just happened and I had to go thru hoops and numerous ladders of people before they agreed, however they did not want to provide batteries or phone backs. A total bunch of miskreets.
0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Please clarify that you received two NEW Droid2 devices and did not have to pay any additional money, extend your contract or any other requirements. 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

I apologize about your experience.  Usually with a replacement device you would use the battery of the old phone.  What I can recommend is contacting our customer care department to see if there are any other options to  replace the battery.      You can  also purchase a extended batter online in your My Verizon Account, under the  shop tab and accessories.  

0 Likes
glanzone

Same problem here Akcsniko. I am on 2nd Droid and people say my voice is muffled and cant hear me. and my alerts sound weird like they are in hyper-speed.

0 Likes
Mimi413
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with tech support. I asked for supervisor and got Ben. He tells me they won't upgrade to another Droid because they still have refurbished phones left. I tell him I know for a complete fact that is **bleep** because I know someone who had problems with (5) Droid 1 phones in a row and they upgraded her to the Droid 2. This is my 3rd Droid, 5th on our plan, now my 4th one is coming Thursday.

I've been a loyal customer, never complained about phone issues, never had to replace a phone under warranty. I like the Droid but it freezes, messages are messed up, won't send, buttons not working, stuck on the "on" screen. I've taken the 3rd party aps off, master reset, still same issues. I have to take the battery out to shut phone off after it freezes. Ben says he's as high as I can talk to and I signed a contract that they will only replace with same phone. No matter it's another broken phone. I mean where are they getting all of these refurbished phones when they don't even sell Droid 1 in stores anymore?

He has supervisors but he can't tell me their names or let me speak to them because they don't take phone calls. My only option is to email customer service and tell them a want an updated Droid. I don't even see in the "contact us" section of email who I'd complain to. I've had Verizon since it was still Alltel around here and they don't seem to care that they are driving me to another provider. Anyone have some tips for me to get a decent phone that is reliable?  I have 2 phones on the account, no history of lying to get a new phone, but that doesn't seem to matter. I pay my bill reliably, I want a phone that provides the same curiosity. I know for a fact they can replace with another Droid model yet this tech supervisor said absolutely no!! He won't, can't and they don't have to. They have sold some huge number of these phones and there aren't issues with the Droid.

Anyone with anything helpful to say please let me know.... Thanks

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Mimi - I have been through the same thing as you.  I am "using" my 4th Droid1.  I did talk with an "executive" from Verizon.  They were supposed to check for a resolution for one of my problems and I never heard from them.  I am in the process of pursuing this whole ridiculous issue.  I just use my phone for making calls and the few things that it will do without too much trouble.  I do not have the time to pull the battery, soft reset or factory reset several times daily.  My suggestion is to document all conversations, etc. with Verizon.  The BBB has the addresses of corporate offices for Verizon.

0 Likes
shopaholic426

I have the same problem with no one being able to understand me. I have also had the sound have that sped up sound. It was anything that made a sound did that. But when I turned my phone off and on again it didn't do it anymore. I finally went into the store today to get a replacement for the muffled speaker and other things. They are sending me a refurbished Droid 1.

0 Likes
swang

NO they won't! unless you contact Motorola your self. I just had this argument with a Verizon supervisor. I'm on my 3rd replacement.... even when the previous CSR told me after your 3rd replacement they will send you the next upgraded phone.. ALL lies. I'm so disappointed with Verizon at this point i really hate this freaking droid. 

Now it has a altogether different issue, the first issue was the headphone jack issue, still happening and then now when i try to EDIT any of my contacts i keep getting this force close issue... SOOO FRUSTRATING!! 

AND the CSR keeps telling me this headphone jack is not a known issue so they can't send me an upgraded replacement to the droid 2.. boo on verizon! 

0 Likes
mvalle70

your post sounds like what i'm going through.

i'm in my 2nd replacement and knocking on wood.

And yes, works for a bit then goes south quickly.

0 Likes
DWaring

I spent 2 hours at Verizon last night, dealing with my 2nd Droid 1 that the screen goes black.  Im so mad right now I cant even tell you.   I told the guy downgrade me, because the droid is crap and I need a phone that actually works all the time!!  Nope no can do.  They told me that they are no longer replacing droid 1's and I would be getting a Droid 2.  Interesting, considering I DONT WANT it.  All I wanted was to downgrade to a completely different phone. 

Im phoneless now Tues to Thurs. because they cant replace the phone at the actual store it has to be mailed to my house.  So I wasted 2 hours of my life waiting only to be told they cant do a thing.  And they actually had the nerve to tell me I should have called customer care to resolve the issue.  Which would have been a brilliant idea, IF I HAD A PHONE that worked!!  

I asked them for credit, since I shouldnt have to pay for service on a phone I DONT HAVE, nope wouldnt do that either.  I have exactly 9 months until my contract is over... buh, bye Verizon, Ill be getting an Iphone on ATT.... Im fed up.

0 Likes