Vibrating...have i lost my mind?
AZSALUKI
Legend

When i dial a phone number it vibrates when i touch each number. I just noticed this and can't seem to find where to turn it off. Has it always done this and i have just lost my mind and never noticed it before? I could have sworn that i had somehow turned this off, but i can't seem to find where???? HELP

0 Likes
Re: Vibrating...have i lost my mind?
wsl03
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

When i dial a phone number it vibrates when i touch each number. I just noticed this and can't seem to find where to turn it off. Has it always done this and i have just lost my mind and never noticed it before? I could have sworn that i had somehow turned this off, but i can't seem to find where???? HELP

I've never actually noticed that until now. There are several places in the settings to manage vibration functions, in the sound settings you can turn off haptic feedback and in the language and keyboard settings you can turn of the vibration while typing...sadly disabling these settings will not stop the vibration on the  phone keypad, at least on my phone... You can however change the little "tones" that sound off when you dial a number under the sounds settings.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

menu>settings>phone (or call settings)?  Or, open your dialer and hit menu>preferences, that's where it is on mine.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I noticed this too an tried to find the settings to stop the Vibrate when touching the dial pad so went to menu>settings>Call wich is on the D inc butt Couldn't find Preferences in the Other Call Settings so did i hit a road block or miss something got another suggestion that may help. when i do touch the dial pad there is slight vibration but it's not a shocker i think it's just there to let you that the Dial pad is being touched.! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

DincX110 wrote:

I noticed this too an tried to find the settings to stop the Vibrate when touching the dial pad so went to menu>settings>Call wich is on the D inc butt Couldn't find Preferences in the Other Call Settings so did i hit a road block or miss something got another suggestion that may help. when i do touch the dial pad there is slight vibration but it's not a shocker i think it's just there to let you that the Dial pad is being touched.! :smileyhappy:

you didn't miss anything. as far as i can tell, it can't be done.....at least not for actually dialing a phone number. i have haptic feedback and various keyboard vibration settings turned off everywhere, but it will still vibrate when dialing a call (but not once you're in a menu...like "please enter your password", etc, etc...then it doesn't vibrate). oh well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know what you mean i sometimes feel like i could pull my hair out when i get stumped on something with my droids then i realize my hair is to short to pull out so i what the  ****  an go on with it. But thats Basically all you can do.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes