Vibration and sound stops working
LincolnC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Randomly my phone will stop vibrating or using sound and then it'll come back on again like 5 minutes later. I've noticed that sometimes it will occur while typing using the SwiftKey app, but at other times it just happens without me even using the phone. Very very annoying as this caused me to miss an alarm a few days ago.

Re: Vibration and sound stops working
B33
Legend

Check your Voice settings if you haven't, Go to settings then Voice or Sound.. And try this do a Power cycle if you don't know the procedure, It goes like this Power + Volume key try lower if that don't work try upper volume..  let me know if things get restored after trying that. b33

0 Likes
LincolnC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I tried both of those and still no dice. If you shake the phone, it will start to work again and then stop a few seconds later.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hmm Let me get you the Manual for your Phone.. you'll see in PDF format via a the Link i provided in my Post..

Have a Look here: Tap on the Link it will pull up the Droid Mini Manual..  See if it shows the setting for sounds and Vibrate Let me know what you find..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/675624/1377023434/redirect/1/filename/680...

0 Likes
LincolnC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The settings aren't the problem because this was working fine before for 2 1/2 months and it suddenly stopped working last week.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok have you got any new apps they sometimes they can cause issues & render what your phone did like Vibrate.. it may sound odd but it can happen..

0 Likes
LincolnC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Indeed. I didn't download any new apps when the issue started, I've downloaded a few since then but no dice.

I've also tried doing a factory reset and no dice.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hmm Hmm Hmm.. sorry for not finding anything yet,  I'll keep digging some one may chime in and have a solution as well.. I'll be back a bit later..

LincolnC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for trying. I've called both Verizon and Motorola and I'm arranging to get a Mini loaner phone while I send mine in to Motorola for repair as they believe it's a hardware issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understand glad it's going to be taken care of.Smiley Happy b

0 Likes