Video issue on Droid X
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks

Hello,

I installed Skype on my Droid X and now I could make a video call. I could see good picture of the party I am calling to but he doesn't see me. On my screen I see the person I'm calling to and also a smaller rightangle (where my picture should be) but it's blank. It sounds that for some reason my phone can't video stream me.

I'd apriciate any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Video issue on Droid X
Cody21
Master - Level 2

you have a DROID X ???  Only 1 camera and it faces the rear of the phone... So unless you're pointing into a mirror, you can't see the other person at the same time as they can see you ....   is that your issue???  or maybe I'm missing something here.

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well I meant that I could see him but he can't see me even if I point camera just in front of me. It sounds to me phone camera fails to resolve my picture ...
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I see ...  I assume you checked all the Video Settings in the APP , right?  I don't use Video Messaging (Skype) so have nobody I can "test" with to see if it works or not ..  Did you try it using WiFi ?  or are you doing this over 3G ??

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

well ... I enabled all settings in 'Video' section of settings and I tried both Wi-Fi and 3G. The symptoms are the same ... it tries to resolve video picture but I have only blank screen.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Cody21 for all your help. I really appreciate the time you're taking to help out.

@susja,

I can understand how inconvenient this can be and I want to help get this resolved. I've researched this and found no reported known issue of the camera on the  Droid X not working when using Skype.

Has this worked differently before, where the other person has been able to view your video when using Skype? Are you having issues with the camera on the phone other then when using it for Skype? If you are just recording a video with the camera on your phone is it working properly? 

If the issue with the camera only occurs when using Skype you may want to try un-installing and re-installing Skype. If the camera still doesn't work after the re-install, please post back and I will be more than happy to further troubleshoot.

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi JohnB_VZW,

I never used 'video' feature in Skype before so I can't compare ... Overall my camera is wokring fine i.e. I can take pictures and record video without any issues.  I have just feeling ( when the screen is blank ) that it can't be resolved for some reason ...  The other person can't see me ( I can see him ).

It looks that issue (video) happened only when I am using Skype.

I'll try to uninstall and re-install Skype and see if it'll make the difference.

I appriciate your attemp to help me.

Regrads.

0 Likes
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well ... re-installing Skype didn't make a diffrerence i.e. I still can see my partner but he sees only spinnng cicle instead of my picture :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Droid X isn't fully supported from Skype.  You have to bring that up with Skype as to why.  It's the same even with the original Droid, Nexus One, Cliq and you name it device without a FFC.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and when you turn it on they give you a disclaimer telling you that.

0 Likes