Video lip (audio) sync way off
MMFofCT

Anyone else noticed that videos shot and played back on the phone are way off with respect to lip sync?  The videos same videos when transferred to my PC play fine.  Other streaming content is fine on the phone (TV.com and Netflix). 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Video lip (audio) sync way off
Wildman
Legend

Thar is usually related to the speed of data connection...  Video may display video and audio but when they are being transmitted they are usually two separate streams sent at same time, so if connection is slow the audio usually is faster than video stream.

There isn't a method to resolve this on every situation because there is to many systems that the stream accesses before it gets to your device.

Sometimes you can close some unused apps to allow more memory to system performance that can help..

0 Likes
MMFofCT

It has nothing to do with the speed of my connection.  I'm talking about video shot on the phone, stored on the OE memory card, and being played back on the phone.  Conversely, streaming video, where I do need  connection, is fine.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you Wildman for your suggestion!  Clearing memory is certainly one of the most helpful tips.

MMFofCT, the way that downloads are being played back is not normal.  I know you say streamed data works fine; therefore, the downloaded data should work the same.  This is likely to happen if the memory card is close to being full; however, if the card has plenty of memory and this is still happening, I suggest doing a Factory Reset , and then attempt to play/ view downloaded videos.  If still unsuccessful, we will need to speak with you to do further troubleshooting.  If this is the case, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to personally assist you. 

Thank you,

0 Likes