Video upload from Droid X to computer....file extension .3gp not recognized be any of my players.
fishnaked58

I uploaded a couple of video files from my Droid X to my computer.  They have and extension of .3gp.  None of my players will recognize them.  Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video upload from Droid X to computer....file extension .3gp not recognized be any of my players.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Try the free APP :  "Mobo Video Player Pro"  ... plays .3gp files .. has a lot of other nice performance features as well.  Make sure to get the accompanying Codec for it as well.

http://tiny.cc/unjll

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Video upload from Droid X to computer....file extension .3gp not recognized be any of my players.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Try the free APP :  "Mobo Video Player Pro"  ... plays .3gp files .. has a lot of other nice performance features as well.  Make sure to get the accompanying Codec for it as well.

http://tiny.cc/unjll

0 Likes
fishnaked58

Thanks, Cody.  Message on the website says it is downloading to my Droid.  I assume that it will actually go into my gmail and I will be able to copy it to my computer.  I think the reason my current players would not recognize my files is because they do not have the correct codec.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Not sure what you mean - "downloading into my gmail" ??  What is downloading? the APP or the Video?  Gmail has nothing to do with any of this.

0 Likes
fishnaked58

Sorry, bud....didn't mean to confuse you.  I plugged in my phone to my computer and uploaded 3 video files from the phone to the computer.  The apps that I have on my computer (Windows Media Player, QuickTime, Irfanview, etc) will not play the files. The file extension is .3gp.  I have associated .3gp with each one of the players and they just will not open a .3gp file.  I downloaded several video converters to see if I could change the extension, but the converters will  not recognize the .3gp extension either.  I'm thinking that there is a codec (not really sure what a 'codec' is????) that is missing from the original phone files and my computer software(s) cannot 'unzip' the files.  Guess I'm just screwed.  I've tried everything I can think of.

Since my phone is dependant on Google, I thought maybe the Mobile Video Player Pro app would go thru my gmail and I would be able to copy it to my computer.  Wrong!!!  The app downloaded directly to my phone, so, 'screwed', again...lol.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Ah, I see (now) ...  So it's the PC side of things ...  Take a look at VLC :  http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/

It plays them just fine.

0 Likes
fishnaked58

Well, I downloaded the VLC Media Player.......and you guessed it...files still will not open.  Is there some special process for uploading video files from my Droid X to my computer?  Maybe I missed a step somewhere.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

hmm ... very strange ... Not sure what to tell you...  I simply copy my videos from my Phone to my PC via USB and they play perfectly using VLC every time ...  not sure what you're missing...  Did you try Launching VLC and then doing a File search to your .3gp file (just to make sure it's not associated with another player?)   Sorry. I'm now at a loss.

0 Likes