Voice Commands Not Working
irishlass131

I use a Motorola handsfree bluetooth with my Motorola Droid Bionic.  Tonight I tried to make a call, but got the error "Unfortunately Voice Commands has stopped working". I have tried to reset the phone, stop and restart Voice Commands, clear cache, etc. and still annot get the Voice Commands to work.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Voice Commands Not Working
Sharkster58

Same problem started with my Droid Razr last night 5/16/13. With or without my blue tooth (Plantronics Voyager).

I tried power cycling the phone but with or without blue tooth, got the error message "Unfortunately, voice commands has stopped working." I went to apps manager cleared cache and cleared data then disabled voice commands. Power cycled phone again. Now Voice Commands is gone but Google Voice appears to work just fine in its place.

I suspect an upgrade to either Android or another app pushed to the phones yesterday caused a conflict. For me removing Voice Commands seems to have cleared up the problem.

0 Likes
FOLEYMAN1327

Any update , anyone get it working mine doesnt work either  VERIZON HELP US.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see this thread?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good suggest Tiki b i chimed in on the post threw in that i updated too.. i'll see how it works threw the weekend.. by the  playing some Skynyrd - Sweet Home Bama  Via Winamp.. O does it wanna make me Dance.. b

0 Likes
delong77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. Uninstalled last update to Google Play Music and it started working again.

0 Likes
Rastro9

I have a DRIOD RAZR and just recently every time I try to use voice commands for sending a test or dialing a number I get the erro "Unfortunately Voice Commands has stopped.

0 Likes
milko

Yes my voice command stopped working a few days ago: brought it to a retail store but they were unable to fix

My fix I found right here. "Uninstalled last update to Google Play Music and it started working again." Thanks Guys

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think What's going to have to happen is either Google is going to have to throw out another update for Google Play Music or For Voice so the two can work together as it is Now Voice is dead in Water for me Unless i Uninstall the Play app which i will probably Do..

0 Likes
Woorior

Here's what you need to do to fix the problem: Go to Google Play Music and ensure that automatic updates are disabled, then click the button to uninstall prior updates. You will also need to remove/re-add any bluetooth devices.  This will clear up the conflict between Voice Command and Google Play Music, allowing Voice Command to again work properly.

0 Likes