Re: Voice Commands Not Working
DUGZGLASS

Worked for me on my Razr Maxx

0 Likes
phoenix98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the Droid 4 and all of a sudden I could no longer use any voice commands on my plantronics at all today.

After reading alot of suggestions throughout the Web and realizing that "google" messed up big time I realized that I had to just uninstall all of the google updates and disable disable the following:

1. Talk
  2. Google text to speech
  3. google search
  4. google play music
  5. google play movies & TV google play magazines
  6. google play bookes

And I had to make sure that "voice commands" was on.

You would think that with so many issues being reported either verizon would stop forcing the updates or Google would fix the issue.

I am very happy to hear "Please say a command"  again Smiley Happy

MrsKramer

I uninstalled the Google music play as suggested and it fixed my Droid 4:)  Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup in the short term they Messed it up that is for any one that has Jelly Bean and a Motorola Product it includes the Update they Just Re-leased Yesterday.. The only way around it is to Uninstall Google Play App Updates take down to the Factory Setting and un-check the Auto-Update as one have mentioned in the Thread).  Now if you have Razr or Razr Maxx with Ice Cream sandwich still on it still Works Mine is Working Fine.. It's hard to say what is causing the issue for Sure but i'd say it's got something to do with the New UI in Play..

0 Likes
phoenix98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well here we go again.  Everything was working fine for 2 days and this afternoon, I pressed my bluetooth and got NOTHING!  The only way for me to be able to call someone and talk on the bluetooth is if I select the phone # and when it starts dialing click on the bluetooth handset.

Maybe its me ... but doesn't this defeat the entire purpose of hands free?  I know its not my plantronics.

With all of the threads and comments made over this problem, does anyone know if ANYONE is looking into this?

0 Likes
phoenix98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi again;  I got it to work again.  Through more research I found this app which is actually a godsend.

Download ChangeLog Droid - it will give you list of updated apps, in order of update, most recent first, and grouped by date, and allow you to set preferences.  It is also a fast and easy way to clear the cache on your phone for all the apps.

I sure hope Google figures this out ... but it doesn't seem like they are listening - see the following post:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/mobile/1HZc6YKje6c

0 Likes
JR2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is the ONLY thing that worked!! Thank you!! even the Google forum board suggestions did not work. I am so happy to hear 'Please Say A Command' again!

0 Likes
FrankenWelder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  I have the Droid 4 and Planetronics hands-free as well.  I started having the same problem a few days ago.  I started by stopping Google Play Music, removing updates, then finally uninstalling the program.   Uninstalling the program worked for me.  Now all is well again with the world.

0 Likes
phoenix98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I just discovered another issue.  After everything else, I found that you have to make sure to disable wireless function when you want to use your bluetooth.

IS ANYONE AT GOOGLE LISTENING????

At the very least your wireless provider (verizon) should offer an option!

0 Likes
ImAlive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Voice Commands stopped working when Google Hangouts installed.  I have been researching this issue since the day it started and can't find a way to uninstall Hangouts.  I've been trying to contact Google Apps people to no avail.  If we find a way to uninstall Hangouts, I'm pretty sure it will fix the problem.  History: When Motorola update rolled out, Google Talk caused the same conflict but Google Talk could be uninstalled from phone.  There doesn't seem to be a way to uninstall Hangouts. It only lets you uninstall updates for Hangouts.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Likes