Voice recognition for texting really sucks!!!!
mike7418

It doesn't matter how fast or slow, how much I try to pronunciate certain words like names of cities what gets returned is so not even funny it's stupid. This seriously needs corrected.

0 Likes
Re: Voice recognition for texting really sucks!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mike7418

HTC Incredible

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mike7418-

Hi there! I want to ensure the Voice Recognition works properly for you! First, I want to make certain the device has the latest software. Please go to Menu> Settings> About Phone> System Updates for this clarification. Are you using a case or screen protector? If so, please remove and test the voice recognition, as this may be covering the mic. A hard reset (http://bit.ly/oOaRQt) may be necessary as a last option if the issue persists. Just be sure to have your contacts and calendar backed up to Google/Gmail, etc. Keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
marykabrown

Voice Recognition software can't produce accurate transcription if the speaker is non-american. It also can't produce accurate transcription for conference call, if two or more persons

For accurate and quality transcription, please use manual transcription services.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's a new one on Me an i had an Incredible Made from China i think never had any troubles with the Speaker but never this either.. b33

0 Likes