Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voice recognition for texting really sucks!!!!
mike7418

It doesn't matter how fast or slow, how much I try to pronunciate certain words like names of cities what gets returned is so not even funny it's stupid. This seriously needs corrected.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voice recognition for texting really sucks!!!!
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mike7418

HTC Incredible

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mike7418-

Hi there! I want to ensure the Voice Recognition works properly for you! First, I want to make certain the device has the latest software. Please go to Menu> Settings> About Phone> System Updates for this clarification. Are you using a case or screen protector? If so, please remove and test the voice recognition, as this may be covering the mic. A hard reset (http://bit.ly/oOaRQt) may be necessary as a last option if the issue persists. Just be sure to have your contacts and calendar backed up to Google/Gmail, etc. Keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
marykabrown

Voice Recognition software can't produce accurate transcription if the speaker is non-american. It also can't produce accurate transcription for conference call, if two or more persons

For accurate and quality transcription, please use manual transcription services.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

That's a new one on Me an i had an Incredible Made from China i think never had any troubles with the Speaker but never this either.. b33

0 Likes