Voice to text
AThomeDad
How do you get the text messages to capitalize the first letter of a sentence when using the speech-to-text feature?
0 Likes
Re: Voice to text
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
What? People actually use proper punctuation when writing texts? :smileytongue: Try checking your messaging app settings and make sure auto-capitalization is enabled.
0 Likes
AThomeDad
Yeah, I guess I'm kind of "old school" and believe in the gift of proper syntax. LOL. I couldn't find anything that gives me the option to turn on auto caps. Been looking since early today. Any hints?
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
After looking into it a little more, I don't see that option in the messaging app. However, from your homescreen, hit menu> settings> language & keyboard, select your keyboard, and choose auto-cap there. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.
0 Likes
AThomeDad
Nothing is working. Finally got hold of Verizon. They are going to check onto it. Wonder if they forgot to load that little widget on my phone. LOL.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
I believe mine begins the sentence with caps. Are you saying "period" at the end of the prior sentence so it knows to place the period and begin a new sentence? For example: I am on my way home period I will be there in ten minutes period
0 Likes
AThomeDad
Yep. I,be tried every tac, even going as far as saying "Function Caps on". Nothing seems to work. Here's what I get using v2t.
this is a test. the only word it seems to want to capitalize is the word I. here's an example of having the caps lock button pushed.
0 Likes