Voicemail password
hil9144

How do I set up my voicemail box so I do not have to enter my password every time when calling from the phone?  Thx.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail password
moates
Contributor - Level 3

To have your password entered in automatically when you dial your voicemail, I have listed the instructions below:

Select Menu
Select Settings
Select Call settings
Select Voicemail settings
Click on the *86 field (with the physical keyboard closed)
Select the *#( button on the bottom left of virtual keyboard)
Enter a “Pause” after the *86 (ex. *86,)
After “Pause” enter your personal password and the “#” sign. (ex. *86,1234#)

**Note**you may have to add an additional pause depending on the time the network needs to access your voicemail box. (Try one pause first, and add additional if needed)

**Note** by setting up the voicemail to enter in your password information automatically, anyone that has access to the device will be able to get into the voicemail box. This creates a possible security issue.

I hope this information was helpful.

0 Likes
2malu

This is for Droid X. I followed the bouncing ball via Settings/Call settings/Voicemail settings. The result is something like this:  '*86,nnnnnn#' where ',' (comma?) is the 2-sec pause. The original instructions didn't specify the final '#', but I saw that somewhere. Problem is that when I use the 'Voicemail icon in lower left corner of the dial pad, it seems to use only '*86' without the full string. On the other hand, if I set a 'speed dial' key to the same string, it works fine because it actually dials the sequence I programmed. I did find a Voicemail icon in Contacts, which I deleted. The Setting value still looks like what I want, but single-button voicemail will not use the entire string.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you are on phone and inputing phone number and then press left menu button you will see the Add Pause and Wait options to add to number and then you can save number..

8881.png+0000.png

8882.png+ 000.png

0 Likes
2malu

I can add Pause and save the number in Settings, but my string with Pause and password is not used when dialing Voicemail via Dialer screen lower left Voicemail icon. That button appears always to call '*86' regardless. I just now discovered that calling Voicemail via the Notifications screen does use my password string, so the problem seems specific to the Dialer screen.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have to change the #1 speed key to the number you saved with the completed information instead of the default set number but I am unsure if this will change the left VM button on phone... I do not use the stock dialer or regular VM so I can not test this option but if you replace the default VM contact number under your contacts list it should work because it uses this number to place call.

Also I notice the images in my last post wasnt imported correctly so I fix them to allow the images to be seen..

0 Likes
kmax44

Thank you for this work-around it was driving me crazy that it wouldn't work with the VM icon.

0 Likes
gordyjb

I looked at my contacts and pulled up voice mail.  Under voice mail there were a number of entries that I was able to add the three ",,," and then my pw and #.  but the last entry of *86 is titled Preset contact, and it wont let me edit that number.  I'm thinking I might need to delete it if possible and let my phone default to one of the other Verizon voicemail I have set.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gordyjb! You are correct with regards to adjusting the preset voicemail contact. In order to get it set up properly, you would need to set up a new contact in order to edit in the automatic password dial. You may also set a new speed dial for it as well!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you gordyjb, and everyone that has posted on this thread. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes