Re: Volume issue on new Droid X
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

If it is a firmware issue and doesn't come out initially with Froyo, they do updates, and we should see an update later. Until than, try to get a high pitch ringtone.

0 Likes
bear0013
I have called 611..also left numerous posts here and there especially at the motorola forum....if u call moto...or verizon they say that haven't heard of this issue... .well when i spoke to verizon rep i was told that its important to call this in that the more concerns that are made over this the more thy will be aware and likely to try to fix this problem.............now this is my first post in this forum and im curios is this actually monitored by verizon and if so are u aware of this and is it being looked at seriously
0 Likes
dsxdroider

I have already answered bear0013's questions in previous posts and replies on this forum and at droidforums. Unfortunately, the Verizon Community Forums Terms of Service forbid me (and everyone else) from repeating information in posts/replies. Even if the repetitive information is answering new questions, and even if seemingly repetitive posts/replies actually contain links with updated and relevant new info, repetitive posting violates the Verizon Community Forum Terms of Service and risks the consequence of being banned from ever posting or replying to anything on the Verizon forums ever again (seriously, no joke). In addition, I cannot explain how I know this or give any evidence for this because doing so would also violate the Verizon Community Forums Terms of Service. All I can say is that forum users should carefully read (and comply) with the Terms of Service.

So, anyone interested in the Droid X low volume speaker problem should please find all related posts on this forum and at droidforums (many by me, many by others, etc.). The posts/replies explain what needs to happen in order for Verizon to get Motorola to work on a system update that will improve the volume problem (by increasing the power sent to the speaker when the volume is turned up without damaging the phone, compromising the battery - and other parts of the phone that need the battery - too much, etc.).

Anyone interested should know that the past repetitive posts/replies (by myself and/or others) have produced some good effect. Enough people did call Verizon tech support on a separate line, follow their instructions on trying to fix your Droid X unit, and report whether the volume problem persists. The Droid X low volume speaker problem is now officially recognized by Verizon customer service and Verizon tech support. If you call them and ask them to check for any known issues, amongst their many resources is now a short statement (that they can read to you verbatim upon request) about how Verizon is aware of this problem and may try to fix it in a future update.

I will here try to post informative instructions that answer bear0013's questions without violating the Terms of Service, though answering her questions here by me may actually result in me never being able to post or reply to anything on this forum ever again (seriously, no joke - and I cannot tell you or explain to you why I say this without further risking being banned from ever being able to post/reply anything here ever again - seriously, no joke).

Tech support people do not read these forums as evidence of anything. (This does actually make sense. Verizon tech support requires you to call in and verify your Verizon mobile number along with the last 4 digits of your social security number. This verifies you as an actual customer with an actual Verizon phone/service. Unless you do this, for all anyone knows (I think), anyone posting on this forum could be an iphone user who has never used any Verizon products or services (please correct me if I am mistaken)). So, Verizon customers need to call Verizon tech support and follow their instructions in order for them to document anything. In addition, you should call Verizon tech support instead of Motorola tech support. Even though Motorola actually does everything regarding fixes, updates, etc., they will only do so if Verizon asks them to do so. And Verizon will only ask them to do so if enough people call in, go through the process of checking everything that might be wrong with the phone, and documenting a problem report if the problem persists despite everything tried while on the phone with tech suppport.

The reason Verizon is not rushing to fix the volume problem in the way that they rushed to fix the other problems with the first system update is that not enough people have documented the problem as instructed in my previous posts/replies. Verizon understandably needs to triage their resources and prioritize their resources directed towards fixing particular problems in accordance with such things as how many people have properly documented the problem through tech support.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay stand down moto has  heard ur cries and is working on the fix! 

0 Likes
kathya

Will the enhancement enable the vibrate to kick up a notch as well? I only use vibrate and thank goodness for the little green light blinking! Otherwise I would know I had messages or calls!

0 Likes
black68gtx

The original Droid has great volume for ringtone and notification. I really love the X, I recommend it to everyone. Had I known about the volume issues prior to my purchase of the X last week, maybe I would have tried  the Droid 2 first. Let's get it right Motorola.

0 Likes