WHY DIDNT DROID COME WITH AN AIRBAG?
BigRob

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY MY BRAND-SPANKING-NEW MOTOROLA DROID CRASH/FREEZ @ LEAST 1 TIME EVERY 2 HOURS. IV ALREADY DOWN LOADED 2 APPS THAT SUPPOSEDLY HELP YOUR PHONE RUN WITH NO PROBLEMS WICH ARE "SPARE PARTS" & " ADVANCED TASK KILLER"

IS ANY ONE ELSE GOING THRU THE SAME ISSUES? WHAT ELSE CAN I DO BEFORE I WALK IN TO A VZW STORE?

ANOTHER THING IS THAT IV NOTICE DUST IN MY SCREEN I HOPE IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH THIS DUST-IN-SCREEN PROBLEM.  WHAT SOULD I DO? CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY SITUATION. THANKYOU FOR READING..........

0 Likes
Re: WHY DIDNT DROID COME WITH AN AIRBAG?
Jhadious
Enthusiast - Level 3

if your phone is crashing and freezing all the time take it back to verizon store and they will exchange it, mine did that as well and my new one is running ike a charm now. also a lot of people are saying dont get task killer yet as its causing some problems here and there. and capslock is the devil.

0 Likes
BigRob

what are they saying about task killer? should i uninstall it asap

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Task Killers used blindly by users just killing stuff off is bad juju.... alot of android apps communicate with other apps and killing off common apps can causes serious stability issues.

I've had my Eris since Friday morning and I've had 0 crashes... sometimes a little lag here and there, but it usually goes away. Worst case, I restart the phone (which I've only done once).

I dont have a task killer installed at all and if I did install one, I'd only use it for applications that appear "hung".

I recomend to not even use them... I went though 3 weeks with the Sprint Hero and read and posted to alot of threads in the Sprint forum and ALOT od users saw better stability by

1. Not using Task Killers
  2. Only installing 1-2 apps at a time and monitor performance

The thing with open application develpment is the fact that ANYONE can create and submit unstabile apps and completely CRAP out your phone. Once you install an application, it gives you a warning of all the parts of the phone it uses... "Dialer", "NetworK", "System", etc.... it has free access once you hit "INSTALL".

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

without the task killer, how do you turn off the music player then?

0 Likes
Jhadious
Enthusiast - Level 3

just press the pause button again and leave the app. atleast thats how i do it

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

You dont turn off apps in Android!!! At least for the most part....

They manage themselves and the Android garbage collector starts to kill off applications "smartly" after 6 running tasks and/or as memory starts to fill up..

Once the application becomes hidden, it becomes "paused".. unless its a background service like the music player. Background apps then will either have a pause or quit option. Pandora actually has a "quit", but pausing the music has the same effect.

I can bet a good portion of people have instability issues or battery drain issues are those who use task killers blindly... < sigh >. Also "Advance Task Killer"  I think auto-kills apps as they pop up and during reboots, so again, those who say they did a fresh reboot and the Droid is still "freezing" then uninstall the darn task killers!!!

Really, if you're having issues with the phone, uninstall all apps that didn't come with the phone, reboot, then monitor for a few days before thinking the Droid(s) are worthless bricks. Us Android users may be the devices worst enemy... =/

0 Likes
FredCDobbs

I have had no problems whatsoever killing apps that are using memory. Just kill the apps that are yellow. Learn how to use appkiller.

0 Likes