Was promised grandfathered unlimited, never knew about end date 6/28
Verizoncheatsandsteal

I know this sounds late but Ive never used these forums until today.......

I have been a Verizon customer for the last 2 & 1/2 years. During that time I've had unlimited data on two lines and was paying an average of $260 dollars a month. When I first contacted Verizon about updating my phone in May I was told I could continue (grandfathered) on my same plan. ( I was deciding in upgrading the phone because the refurbished model Verizon kept replacing were faulty and I was getting tired of shipping phones back and fourth. At the time the Razor Max was $300 dollars which was too much. On August 6th I received the latest faulty phone). So after dealing with this I decided to upgrade my phone today. After almost completing the transaction I was notified that I would need to change my plan because you were no longer going to honor your promise. Either I could spend $600 on the phone or switch to one of your overpriced data plan. I asked for a supervisor whom informed me this took affect on June 28th. When I complained about being notified or given a grace period to change phones I was told that "Verizon had put the word out". When I asked if it was placed on my bill, which is sent to me every month without fail, they replied"no". When I asked if it was in one of those recordings that remind very morning that I am late with my payment, they replied "no". When I asked if it was sent by one of those many text Verizon sends with offers they replied "no". When I asked if I was notified by customer service each time we spoke about these faulty refurbished phones, they replied "no". When I asked if this notice was placed on the website, the Rep said"no". The only thing that changed on the website was their pricing plans. The Rep informed me the News Networks were notified. When I asked if if was a story that would have ran during the 5 or 11 o'clock  news in NYC, the rep said "no". So much for notifying your valued customers. When I asked why Verizon couldn't take any of these steps, they told me they'd be "overwhelmed", even though they'll contact you in a heartbeat if you are late with a payment. Then the Rep tried to lie to me and told me that no network offer unlimited data, which I replied "Sprint does". So unless I can get this resolved, I will be leaving Verizon.

P.S. Companies who do business with me and change contracts without written notification as of  June 1st, forgo last months payment of services. That information was distributed too, I hope you got wind of that, have fun trying to recoup money from somebody with bad credit.

0 Likes
Re: Was promised grandfathered unlimited, never knew about end date 6/28
Verizoncheatsandsteal

Oh forgot to mention, refurbished phones have been sent out since Aug 2011, got a new one every month since then which make about eight. They cant even replace it anymore because it has been discontinued sine Dec 2011. I have the Droid X2 which is not even on their website.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

verizon's been sending out refurbed phones since well before aug 2011.

i was grandfathered too like many others, live with it or change service providers.

0 Likes
Verizoncheatsandsteal

>Post deleted. name calling and personal attacks are not permitted on this forum<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

>Post edited to remove unnecessary comment of another user< unlimited changed for everyone & every person who gets a replacement phone gets a refurb.

0 Likes
Verizoncheatsandsteal

>Post deleted. name calling is not permitted on this site<

0 Likes
Verizoncheatsandsteal

>Post deleted. Keep the name calling to yourself<

0 Likes