Water Damage
murphyslaw89

I dropped my phone in water, immediatly pulled the battery and let it sit out for a couple hours. then put it back together and turned it on. it worked for a few hours then shut itself off and only turns on with a black screen. sometimes the green light will blink like it has recieved a msg. 

the inside was BARELY wet. the only water damage indicator that was triggered is the one by the SIM card. i am honestly assuming that was from removing the battery or even wiping it out.

it has been in rice for 2 days now. still turns on all lights come on. just the screen stays black. it does not vibrate when i touch the home button or search button. 

i have filed a claim with asurion but they say they do not have my phone in stock it is on back order for 3-7 days without guarantee they will get it back in stock and they claim to not have a comparable phone to replace it with. 

I am really hoping to find faster solution to this.

0 Likes
Re: Water Damage
Wildman
Legend

I dont think you will find a faster solution on the forum because insurance goes through Asurion but the part that surprise me is that they are covering a device with water damage because it isnt normally covered under insurance...

I do have to say not offering a replacement option since they are backorder, this doesnt sound like a business decision..  Did you tell them of the water damage because this may be the reason for this?

0 Likes