What company can retrieve photos from a micro sd card? Another casualty of SD Card blank or has unsupported file system
Matt73

I have a Droid X with a sandisk 16gb micro sdhc class 4 installed.  This card has been in use for about a year and wasnt even half full.  I was playing music on thanksgiving and all of a sudden the music stopped.  I thought hmm, It must be doing one of its many reboots.  It wasnt shut off but was on my home screen and the music player had closed.  I went to my music and the songs were still listed.  I tried to play one and got the error message that i  cannot play this file.  I tried again and the songs disappeared and up came "SD Card blank or has unsupported file system" on the top bar.  I tried to view files on the card on my phone and on my computer by using an sd adapter with no luck.  I popped another card into my phone and it worked with no error message and i could mount and unmount the card and view the picture I took when viewing the new card on my computer.  I have a 9 year old daughter who suffers from multiple chronic illnesses and have probably 200 photos on my card of her including an extensive surgery and recovery earlier this year.  If a professional can retrieve my photos, I would like to know more.  Im coming up on my contracts end and this has me ready to zip up a life vest and get on another boat altogether. I have seen hundreds post about this on boards but I hope this can be resolved.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: What company can retrieve photos from a micro sd card? Another casualty of SD Card blank or has unsupported file system
rcschnoor
Legend
0 Likes
Re: What company can retrieve photos from a micro sd card? Another casualty of SD Card blank or has unsupported file system
dlw_droid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't be surprised if the new SD card starts doing the same thing.  There are a lot of threads about this issue, where the SD card suddenly is unreadable.  The guys at the Verizon store are saying that this phone is too old to handle recent software updates, and the only solution is a new phone.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Have you tried removing the card and trying to read it from your computer? I had this once before and the computer read the card just fine. I copied the contents to my computer, then formatted the SD card and put my stuff back on the card and it  has been working in my phone now for over a year.

What company can retrieve photos from a micro sd card? Another casualty of SD Card blank or has unsupported file system
Matt73

I tried datarescue.com with no resolve.  Im sure the people at the verizon store want me to buy a new phone lol.  The fact is, whatever happened to all these phones is obviously someones fault and they havent stepped forward.  I did try to read the card from my computer with no resolve either.  However it read the other ones i have just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Matt73,

I use my phone to store all my precious moments too and I can just imagine how frustrating it must be to have memory card issues like the ones outlined in your post. I see that you have tried different things to retrieve your files from your memory card to no available. It appears that your SD memory card somehow became corrupted and most likely the data in it is now lost (sorry). While not a common issue, there is always a possibility for memory cards and any other memory device to fail. SanDisk Memory cards carry 5 year warranty, to get a replacement please contact SanDisk at 866-726-3475. Their hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. PT Monday to Friday or by email at support@sandisk.com at your convenience.

I recommend backing up your media (specially pictures) on a regular basis to your computer or to an online service to protect those special memories, I personally have my phone setup to automatically save the pictures I take to my Google account and even if lost my phone I have a copy of all my pictures online. There are several website that allow you to sync your phone to upload pictures automatically. Please consider a similar option going forward.

On a personal note, I hope that your little girl's health improves that all those chronic illnesses are kept under control by your physician; I have 2 kids and I Know what is like when they don't feel well. Have a great day!

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Matt73

Wonderful!  It just toasted another perfectly new sd card. It only took three days.  The only app on it was words with friends.  I find it funny that this miraculously surfaced when one of my lines were up for an upgrade.  Mine is up in a month. No thanks verizon, no thanks android.

0 Likes
Matt73

Thank you for your kind words.  I will be looking further into this.  After it took another card to the fire, im reluctant to do anything more than tote a camera and use a tracfone.  More time in the gym and less time wondering what the heck? and who the heck?! 

0 Likes