What does this mean and how do I fix it?
trebar

I frequently get this message.  " MMS messages can not be sent or received until your data access is re-enabled".   Just how do I do that?

really would appreciate if someone could tell me....

Thx

0 Likes
Re: What does this mean and how do I fix it?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture messages won't send/receive over wi-fi, you have to have your cellular data turned on.  On the Bionic, go to:

Menu > System Settings > Data Usage, then to the right of Mobile Data, use the toggle to turn it On.

0 Likes
trebar

Just checked there...... It IS on.  ??

I first get a window that informs me tha  Message size: 1KB

Expires Mar 10, 9:02 PM

Then the option to Download  or Reject

Then that annoying (now) msg.  Please check your data delivery settings to enable connectivity.

Any Ideas?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ensure that wi-fi is off to be on the safe side and ensure that you do, indeed, have a signal (i.e., check the 3G/4G symbol at the top of the phone).

0 Likes
trebaryar

That is strange........there has been no "reply" button for me to reply to your last. ???   it just now appeared!

Ok..  I have a weak signal  3 bars.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Equally strange, now your user name and avatar are different ... did you have to re-register?

Sometimes if you send yourself a picture text it gets things working again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Trebar, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues sending and receiving picture messages. I know its a great way to share events that you maybe weren't able to attend and to share memories with others. I absolutely want to make sure that we get this up and running for you.

The community members are correct. You are unable to send picture messages over the WiFi network so the first thing I would do is to turn WiFi off,http://vz.to/QX0QY8 and make sure data is enabled,http://vz.to/SMIRH5.  Go ahead and power off the device and give it about 20 seconds. Power the device back on and try sending a picture message to yourself to see if it works.

Are regular text messages working ok? Are you having any issues accessing the browser or applications?

Keep us updated if those steps work. If not we'll have to try additional troubleshooting.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes