What happened to "In Pocket Detection"? Android v2.3.4, System v4.5.629.A956.Verizon.en.US.
ACSchulcz

Hello all,

I've had my Droid 2 Global for about 1.5 years now, but after the most recent firmware upgrade, the "In Pocket Detection" feature appears to have been removed.  Is there any way to reinstate this feature? It came in rather handy!  I work in a hospital where I am not easily to keep my phone out, I am interrupted constantly by staff, patients, and their families (as it should be), so many times I must dunk my phone into my pocket while I respond to their needs.  This phone (in previous software/firmware versions) used to have an option in the Display settings for "In Pocket Detection", where it would essentially lock out the inputs and blackout the screen.  Instead, this device is continuing to operate, and from bouncing around my pockets as I work, the movement is enough to extend the screen timeout. Since the device isn't going to sleep, it is now performing all sorts of crazy functions like making calls, opening apps, and the like. For the record, I am aware of how to set my screen timeout. I want the automatic feature re-enabled.

In addition to killing my battery, the last thing I need from a phone is for the Angry Birds theme to start playing while I'm performing CPR compressions... things like that aren't taken well by family members! Smiley Happy

How can I reinstall this option?  Is there an app I must now install to keep this very handy feature?

Thanks for any help!

Phone Specs- Droid2 Global

Android v2.3.4,

System v4.5.629.A956.Verizon.en.US

0 Likes