What's good about droid X
wulf1C

I come to this forum and all I see is bad this, broken that, and not working whatever. I would like to here all the good things about the X.

I'll start off with the bad because no one has a perfect phone. I had my droid for about a month and I did have some issues with it,  gps, dropped calls, screen would freeze at the most inconvenient times, sluggish when switching screens, and the battery life was usually less than 8 hours. I called CS and they were more than happy to send me another phone and I received it just a few days ago.

Now the good. since I got the new phone battery life is now over 15 hours on single charge. The phone is much more responsive and switching screens is now a joy to see. No problems with screen freezing up. I still get dropped call but I'm seeing that it might be the other carrier with the problem (maybe verizon does not play nice with the network from another carrier lol). And the GPS seems to be working better.I have to say when I got my first droid I loaded it with apps without a second thought and most of my problems could of been just that. Now I didn't install any apps and testing the phone with just the stock apps it came with. So far working great with little bugs and loving the phone.With update could get even better.

Those of your that are just about to get your X take your time and get to know your phone. As others have mentioned download the manual and read up on it. Know what it can do before you add anything to it that way you will have a baseline to compare it to after you load it up with your favorite apps. No phone is perfect, if you dont believe me just take a peek at the forums from users on phones from different carriers like Vibrant (tmobile), EVO (sprint) and so on. Take  the good and weigh it against the bad. if good is more, that your are a happy custumer with minor issues about the phone you can live with. If the bad out weighs the good than return your phone and go with another phone and maybe another carrier that will work for you. I was with tmobile and it was a nightmare since May until I went to Verizon mid August. So if you have good things to say about the X and Verizon please let me know because My 30 day trial is up beginning of October and I need to hear all that could be good with VZ. Oh and when I got my new phone they extended my  30 days, good service so far.

0 Likes
Re: What's good about droid X
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Here are some reviews on the Droid X that might be helpful to you.You can also find more on cnet's web site:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=2763

0 Likes
cj98

Its not all bad...... I have my issues with mine but I don't know if it is my phone, software or me just having higher expectations. But I love the camera, in a little over a month I have more pictures then all of my previous phones combined, I love listening to Pandora, and having FM radio, weather, and news at my fingertips, and the new found joy of being able to prove someone wrong in the midst of a bar argument in a matter of seconds..Priceless.   But I have my issues youtube/streaming video freezes, the wifi which I thought I could ignore is like a constant itch in a place you can't reach. I have found that the issues with freezing screens etc.... tend to come with crappy apps, or running to much at once, but Froyo will supposedly solve the screen issue.  I have had since day 1 a single stuck pixel but 98% of time I don't see it. The video camera works great but then you can't upload the video b/c of video size but if wifi worked that probably wouldn't be a problem...In any case this fabled release of Froyo should be any day now and I hope it will resolve the issues I am having if not I will see about getting a new phone.  I am past my 30 days so I am stuck with the droid now but if it is defective at the very least I can get a new one. It is by far the best phone I have ever had/used better than the iphones I have seen but not by much especially if these few things don't get fixed.  But enough of the bad, Google sky awesome, Google maps/navigation got me home from a concert when my gaps in the truck told us to go through a closed road and a flooded bridge lol, gmail works great and swype is a cool feature I hope I will eventually get good at.  facebook, is facebook but if its your thing then you'll like it. I have downloaded a bunch of tools, a flashlight that uses the flash and  I use frequently, a level, alarm, stopwatch, police scanner. Voice to text works sometimes but only short phrases and not all words.  FX camera is an awesome free camera app, it doesn't zoom but it does give some really cool effects .  I like the phone, but I am also frustrated by the phone fix my issues and I'd love the phone.

And just for a laugh when I spell checked this, words Verizon's spell check doesnt know :

droid <----- yeah really

swype

froyo

youtube

facebook

app

I dont know arent these fairly standard terms? just chuckled when I saw that : )

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

But Droid is intelligent.  Droid can learn!

0 Likes
wulf1C
I noticed the spel check on droid and i also got a kick out of it too. The droid can learn, it saves new words that it does not know for the next time you use it. Another thing good about the droid. Love the screen size and texting is awesome and easy on the X. I just got hdmi cable and watching your pics and videos on a 46" tv is great. The longer i have this phone the more good things i find. Waiting on 2.2 to see how good this phone can get.
0 Likes