What’s wrong with the Motorola Droid speaker don’t work?
FG1JDM

Man I have changed my phone 3 times already and now I’m still having the same problem the phone is awesome but come on it still can’t do the simplest task. That is for the speaker to work, the one on the top of the phone not the back speaker. This sucks makes me want to just break the phone and go back to my iphone. I have to reset t he phone every time this happens. I have to turn on the back speaker for me to hear the person on the other line. I have to tell them ill call you back I have to reset this peace of crap phone again to be able to use it like a regular phone. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one with this problem. Is goggle going to do something about this problem?

0 Likes
Re: What’s wrong with the Motorola Droid speaker don’t work?
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

FG1JDM wrote:

Man I have changed my phone 3 times already and now I’m still having the same problem the phone is awesome but come on it still can’t do the simplest task. That is for the speaker to work, the one on the top of the phone not the back speaker. This sucks makes me want to just break the phone and go back to my iphone. I have to reset t he phone every time this happens. I have to turn on the back speaker for me to hear the person on the other line. I have to tell them ill call you back I have to reset this peace of crap phone again to be able to use it like a regular phone. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one with this problem. Is goggle going to do something about this problem?

Not trying to be smart, but have you verified the volume is up during a call?  Also, if you haven't done so, go to Menu > Call Settings > Uncheck Voice Privacy.  Also, if you have Bluetooth paired it with a PC and you are in range of that computer when you get a call, it is most likely swapping over to handsfree mode so that you can use your PC headphones and mic to take the call.  I had this happen to me and it took me a while to figure it out.  If you've went through three phones and have had the same problem, it is likely that it is something you are doing or maybe an app causing a conflict.

0 Likes
FG1JDM

I don’t have Bluetooth connected with it and when its working properly even when I have it connected to my AUX to listen to music when I would get a call it cuts off the music and it rings, but when its not working properly the music plays and it doesn’t cut off  the music and on the phone it shows that there is a in coming call.  and i always have the volume up.

0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

my phone is doing the exact same thing and VZW refuses to replace my handset.....guess i need to live with the problem :smileysad:

not onlyhave i been a customer for a long time, i've also...... let's say my loyalty lasts 11 years....

0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

i know you're not some uneducated person. i know you've checked the volume, i have too. i love it when a a person goes to the, "well, are you sure it's plugged in" when nothing else can be explained.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Big_Red_Loyal wrote:

i know you're not some uneducated person. i know you've checked the volume, i have too. i love it when a a person goes to the, "well, are you sure it's plugged in" when nothing else can be explained.

Big Red I'm not going to get into a flame war with you or anyone else, but I don't see where your last comment added anything productive to the discussion. Yes, I mentioned the obvious and probably the most unlikely solution to the OP's problem, but I felt it needed to be addressed if for no other reason than to rule it out. If you read the whole reply, you should have noticed that I also shared a couple of other ideas that might have helped. I'm sorry that you and the OP are having this issue with your phone and hope you get it figured out. I'll step aside and allow others to assist you, but I stand behind my statement that if this problem has occured for the OP on three separate phones, then the problem is most likely something he/she is doing or an app they have installed.

0 Likes
winningham2

I have found this to be bug in the OS of the phone more than a hardware failure.

My Observation:

I found that if I listen to music, using the built-in player, or say an app like Listen, using the headphone port, then disconnect and later get a call, the earpiece speaker will be silent. If I change it to speakerphone, then I can hear the person on the other end of the call. No matter if I turn the in-call volume up or try to switch back and forth between speakerphone and regular, the regular earpiece speaker will remained mute. Curiously enough, if I plug headphones in while experiencing this, I will hear the person through the headphones. If I unplug, then I may be OK (but not always).

My Workaround:

My only workaround has been to get out of the call, go back to the music player while my headphones are plugged in, unplug the headphones while the music is playing (sending to the speaker phone), then bail-out of the player and test using *611 as a test. Frankly, it does not even need to go that far because I can tell whether the speaker is working or not by dialing a phone number and listening to the earpiece to hear the tone. If no tone, then no work, if you catch my drift.

Hope this helps though I know no-one from Verizon nor Google read these forums.

0 Likes