Whats going on!!!
Midlova

Well, my update to ICS went fine.  All seemed fine until today when I logged on to my google maps app. I located the place I wanted to navigate to and when I got to navigation I was faced with having to pay verizon  two dollars a month if I wanted to go any further and have it give me my turn by turn instructions.  Prior to the update to ICS I could use the google provided by Droid to navigate where I wanted to go. Now I have Verizon intervening and wanting to charge for a service that is internet free????  Am I just doing it wrong?  Would like some feedback.  My data plan is 4gb of data so I believe it should be covered.  Verizon you can answer it too if you like. I would like to hear YOUR answer.

0 Likes
Re: Whats going on!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the VZW navigator was somehow set as the default. This is what I would suggest. Go to settings > apps >slide over to the all tab > scroll down to the application. Select it > uninstall any updates > then disable the application. This is force the phone to use the Google Navigation application and hide the VZW Navigator from the app drawer and keep it from being used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes