Whats the point of updates?????
samk6

I have been a verizon customer for a long time now. I have observed over the years that every phone we buy and start a contract with verizon seems to wanna update and add more to the phone. To the point to where the phone cannot take such applications for its memory. I know why they do it. They want you to upgrade your phone the second you can. I think its BS and they seriously need to stop doing it. Its hard enough to pay the x amount of dollars we pay per month for the service. Granite the service itself is awesome. (The reason I stay with Verizon) But really, If Verizon wants to update the phone Maybe they should take into consideration of the device being updated and see if it can really handle it. I know nothing i say can sway Verizon from doing these things to us but i just want to throw it out there and i really hope everyone reads this and complains as i have done. I seriously think most of peoples problems are from these updates that we are forced to take. My samsung charge was very fast and I never had to restart are hard restart the phone till after the second update. Im lucky to play a game now without it locking up on me.

Those of you with nw phones such as the galaxy s3 and others in the same times frame, watch and see how slow the phone gets over the next year and a half to two years. Godd luck and I hope this reaches many people and people think about thier problems with thier phones and how this might be related.

0 Likes
Re: Whats the point of updates?????
Not applicable

The phone gets slower over the next 1-1/2 to 2 years because of the updates?  Is it possible that the longer you have the phone the more apps you install and the more "stuff" your phone OS has to manage could be contributing to the slowing down of your phone?

Just throwing this out there for your consideration.

0 Likes
samk6

Well I have uninstalled everything i could possible uninstall. All apps and music and videos. Still is not near as fast as it was when i first bought the phone. Even went as far as pulling everything off of my sd card. After i have deleted everything i could i reinstalled one game and still have the same issues as before. Its Been this way with every phone ive purchased over the years.

0 Likes
samk6

Honestly I think they keep waiting for the next update because they are wanting issues to be fixed with the phone they have. Yes maybe the update fixes the issue or some issues with the phone but in turn with more add ons from the update makes the phone slow and unresponsive during difficult tasks.

0 Likes
kj1060
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I am guessing you don't update your computers to the latest drivers, definitions, firmware and software because they slow down your computers?

Chances are high the slow down is thanks to an app running in the background. Actually I believe it is suggested that every time you update to the latest firmware and basebands you reset your phone to factory defaults.

Also you are in luck seeing as the chances of the Droid Charge seeing an update are pretty much nil since it is still on Gingerbread when Jelly Bean is out.

0 Likes
samk6

Haha. Im not stupid i know how things work with computers and electronics. Yes My computer is up to date. For your info I have a 7000 dollar computer and run video games with ease. Also I built it my self with my own hands.

What im saying is when they give you updates they put useless things on the phone that run in the background the whole time and use up all the phones memory after every update. As I said before updates fix issues and problems with the phones but they also tack extras in the phone with the update. I have tons of stuff on my compter. From music to movies and programs to games. All stored on the hard drive. i can do anything i want on my computer and it does not slow it down. Why? (Cause it was built to handle it) If something comes out that the computer will not support I will not add it. I will either get another computer or upgrade the computer itself before trying to run stuff it wasnt meant to handle. Same issue with phone. Don't put things on the phone updates if the phone cant handle it and the normal tasks the phone was meant for. Plain and simple!

0 Likes