When I click on a picture in text, I get an error message that Gallery must restart. I have to shut off my phone to get the picture to show. How can I fix this?
fluttertut64

When I click on a picture in a text, I have an error to restart Gallery. I cannot fix this unless I restart my phone. How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: When I click on a picture in text, I get an error message that Gallery must restart. I have to shut off my phone to get the picture to show. How can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll help you get to the bottom of this, fluttertut64! What make & model phone do you have? When did this begin? Can you share the exact error message you are getting? With a bit more info, we can work together to get this corrected.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When I click on a picture in text, I get an error message that Gallery must restart. I have to shut off my phone to get the picture to show. How can I fix this?
fluttertut64

Hi. I have a Android Mini. It began maybe a couple of months ago. Sorry it took so long, as I had to wait for the message to come back up. It says- Gallery needs to clear temporary files to improve performance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, fluttertut64! The additional information is very helpful to have!

Since it did take so long, may I ask if this error is very infrequent? Please go to Settings>Storage and share what is available in Total space, Storage space, available space, and pictures. We'll figure out what's causing this yet!

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try clearing out the cache for the gallery app in the app manager.  Better yet, try to clear the entire cache of the phone.  Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes
fluttertut64

I really don't know how frequent it happens, but it does this when I get a text message and tap on the picture to make it bigger.

Total space 16GB

Storage space 11.03GB

Available space 8.27GB

Pictures 1.52 MB

Cached data 21.14 MB

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries! Let's see if we can figure this out. When did this begin? I see that you have plenty of storage space left, and not much is taken up by pictures. Do you have a large number of text messages in your history? Can some or all of these be cleared out? This can have an effect on the way your texting app works.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

see if you can take the memory card out and reboot if you have one

0 Likes