When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
JerryRL

When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call on my Droid X2, all it does is open a message.

Occasionally it gets it right, but much more often than not,it defaults to "opening message".  I've tried a different Bluetooth, same result. Anyone have a solution?  Driving in a state with a hands free law also this drives me nuts.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JerryRL,

I'd love to help you with your Bluetooth concerns! I know it's necessary to use your phone with a hands free headset when driving in some areas. I would first like you to try un-pairing any devices from your handset, and then re-pairing and trying again. I would also like to ask if you have tried a wired headset? Does it work with a wired headset or is the issue just with the bluetooth headset? Please try the troubleshooting step I provided and let me know how it works out!

Thanks,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
JerryRL

Hi Christina

Thanks for the offer to help, appreciate it.

I have a couple of older Bluetooth devices listed and they show as paired but not connected. How do I un-pair them or delete?

I have never tried a wired device.

I hope this is the information you need. Thanks.

Jerry

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/903141#903141

0 Likes