When are we getting ICS????????
jenlen65

My son's Droid Razr got it but my poor Bionic is still running Gingerbread. I want ICS!!!!  Gosh, is it really that hard? I'm afraid to do the leak thing for fear of rendering my phone unusable. I'm so frustrated!!!!!!  Just venting.....all in all, this is a really good phone. I don't know why people knock it all the time.

0 Likes
Re: When are we getting ICS????????
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

According to Motorola's site it will be sometime in September. The official release time frame is 3rd quarter.  There is a lot of speculation out there but until you see it either posted on VZW's or MOTO's site, take it with a grain of salt.  If you call Verizon and try to get an answer, and talk to 5 different people, they will give you 5 different answers but some are starting to quote the same as the Moto site.

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been looking online for some time now as I'm stuck in a Bionic with no data connection myself. The most recent article I found was a supposed Motorola employee said it will roll out in September, as this month still falls in Q3. It's in the testing faze. I also read that a fix for bugs on the Razr version was due to come out sometime around Labor Day. I check for updates on my phone daily as I'm sick of having no data connection and a phone that is basically useless other than calls & texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jenlen65! I know you really anticipate ICS for your Bionic, especially since your son's RAZR has ICS already. Though I don't have a date to provide you with, I'd like to advise you to check news.vzw.com to check on the latest updates and announcements. Please also know that once it is available, it will be pushed to the devices.

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well according to a post from the Eastern Morning Herald this past Sunday, it is very possible next week.  Build 244 was 'leaked' last week and appears to be practially finalized and agreed upon by Verizon and Motorola.  They assured us Q3, and with only a few weeks left...well...you can read the article here:http://easternmorningherald.com/motorola-droid-bionic-ics-update-gets-leaked/1217663/

0 Likes