When is the next OTA update for Droid2?
mayaedkoch

Anyone know when the next update is coming? I bought my Droid2 in August and haven't been able to use it because of activesync / SSL issues. Google fixed this issue in September but Verizon is still testing. PLEASE HELP this phone is worthless without corporate email.

0 Likes
Re: When is the next OTA update for Droid2?
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Currently there is not information on the release of updates for the Motorola Droid 2.  You can check to make sure you have the most recent update by following the steps below.  

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

0 Likes
mayaedkoch

Thanks for the reply. Can I still check for the latest release if my Verizon service is shut off? My phone is basically a brick right now. Android 2.2 breaks SSL / Activesync so I can't use my phone (and hence VZW service is shut off) until 2.2.1 rolls out...which is taking forever. 

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes! this phone is in desperate:smileywink: need of another update. please.

0 Likes
bikerguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this thread on Mobile Crunch.  It has a lot of info.  Check it out...

Android Gingerbread might not be as big of an update as hoped
4 Comments
by Greg Kumparak on October 22, 2010

Everybody panic! The guys over at Android Central spotted this posting from on the Android code repository (from one of Android’s Security engineers, no less) indicating that the next major build — presumably the much hyped Gingerbread — will be version 2.3. The bad news? Rumors had pinned Gingerbread at version 2.5 or 3.0, implying that it’d be a fairly monstrous update.

Sure, there are no official rules for version numbering; the jump from 2.2 to 2.3 can be just as huge as a jump from 2.2 to 2.5, 3.0, or 8.7. But there are unspoken rules (largely fueled by pride). Rule #1: If it’s a big ol’ update, show it with the version number.

Greg

0 Likes