Where Do I Begin...
jr2327

I have had my Droid X since the end of May.  There are do many frustrating problems, I don't even know where to start.  So here goes, It restarts by itself out of the blue and for no reason.  It says that some text messages aren't sent, but the person I'm texting respond to them so they must've received them. I get duplicate messages from my contacts like 4-5 of the same message from more than just one contact.  But, this happens in phases and it doesn't matter who their carrier5 is, it happens with all of them. When I restart the phone, it miraculously sends all those 'unsent' messages, no matter when they were from.  Also happens if I *228 to try to update/reset my phone after it's been wigging out.  The most frustrating thing is that the phone will lose an unbelievable amount of calls.  Like within the first 5 seconds, whether making or recieving, even before they've picked up (if I'm the one placing the call). And it's repeatedly, like 3-4X then suddenly it will work fine.  Recntly it froze kind of when making a call.  I dialed a number and pushed the green button and it flashed but nothing happened.  I went back to the Home screen, then 20-30 seconds later it popped up with the call flashing green in the top bar. I also , occasionally, get messages that it has lost data connectivity but it's only sporadic and 2-5X, when there actually is connectivity and it doesn't matter where I'm at, i.e., in a building, driving, at home, etc.  Does anyone have any ideas?  When it works my phone is great, but when it starts this s*&t, I just want to throw it.  (And no I haven't yet, so that's not the problem, LOL)  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Where Do I Begin...
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I will start with the obvious and ask if you've yet done a Factory Reset? With the amount of problems you're having, that may be the speediest approach. If you take it to Verizon, they will likely do this anyway. Many people of had to do this after the upgrade to Gingerbread this year (which started rolling out in June). You can also try to running in SAFE MODE for a while to see if the problems go away -- if they DO go away, you likely have a rogue APP(s) causing your issues. Let us know if you decide to do this ans we can point you to the procedure(s) if you can't find them using SEARCH up above.

0 Likes
jr2327

If I factory reset, will I lose everything I have? And are there any adverse effects of runnibng in safe mode, is the phone still fully functional?  Thanks!

Jenn

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If you do a FR, you will lose all of your configurations of settings, like your widgets, various screens, most APPs.  Using the menu / settings  approach of the FR will NOT format your SD Card, so you won't lose anything. But some APPs on that card may lose some of their default settings. A FR is not without some pain for a day or 2 as you launch APPs and have to reset up things. So this is usually a last resort after trying to isolate the issues, uninstalling APPs, etc.

Safe Mode will not cause adverse effects. It is strictly a method to boot the phone into a "native" mode to confirm there are OS issues or if Apps might be causing your problem. When you boot into SAFE MODE you won't see any 3rd Party apps that you downloaded in your App drawer. You can only launch the default APPS that come with the phone.

To get into SAFE MODE so you can test:

- Power off phone

- Press & Hold the MENU button (far left button)

- Press the Power up button - continue to hold the MENU button

- after about 1-2 mins, the phone should come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

Test for some period of time to see if your issues are still there or not. If NOT, it's time to start uninstalling APPS and test in between.  Probably worthwhile making a list of your APPS before uninstalling.

To get out of Safe Mode, just power off/on as usual.

Good luck,.

0 Likes
jr2327

Thanks a bunch.  I will try Safe Mode.  You're awesome!

Jenn

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to!

0 Likes