Where are my contacts in the Backup Assistant for Droid X????
Tammy559

I have a Motorola Android X2. I want to edit and delete some of my contacts.  I get the message that says I cannot from my phone, but have to use the backup assistant online.  However, the only contacts that show up online are the contacts I've added after I got my phone.  Why are my contracts that were transferred from my old phone not there?  I've tried multiple syncing and still only have 9 contacts and of course, the ones I want to change or delete are old ones. I see that you can import contacts, but how do you get a file from the phone to import? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Where are my contacts in the Backup Assistant for Droid X????
Wildman
Legend

Did the contacts from old phone get transferred at the store?   Sounds like the contacts that you are having isssues with is stored on phone or from a Facebook or Tweeter account.   Maybe you can go to phone dialer and select the contact tab / menu / export to get files exported to a cvs file and then copy to pc and import into Google.

BA is known for issues with smartphones.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

an issue that ba may have with smartphones, it won't duplicate what's already in gmail contacts.

my main reason for still using ba is from the days of my old voyager-back to the startak, where i didn't use those phones for email & have any email addresses, just phone numbers. 

so for me it's still a good backup for some contacts that don't have or want to be contacted by email.

0 Likes
Tammy559

yes, the numbers were transferred at the store with their little machine.  I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Tammy559 wrote:

yes, the numbers were transferred at the store with their little machine.  I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks.

Since the machine cant access your gMail account it always imports the contacts into the phone directory instead of the Google account that always cause the issue you reported, hope that works for you...

0 Likes