Where do I change the time zone for voicemail messages?
mckinneyszoo

My voicemail messages are on Pacific time but I now live on the east coast.  The phone settings were set at auto and the phone time is correct but the voicemail still time stamps the recorded messages on Pacific time.  Any ideas on how to change the voicemail time to East coast?

0 Likes
Re: Where do I change the time zone for voicemail messages?
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you still have a phone number associated with the west coast? This may be your problem.

0 Likes
mckinneyszoo

Yes, but I hoped in this age of number portability that you would be able to "set" the time zone for messages someplace but I have not been able to find any voicemail time settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might be able to change the service home address for the phone. Which will adjust the taxes for your current location and might also set the voicemail time to your current location as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Still, area codes are tied to a geographic location, and that is most likely what "sets" the time zone for your message. If you know the difference in time zones, though, it shouldn't be a problem as you can figure out what time the message was actually left.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Although I use a free VVM app on my device, when I used to sign into VM my time would be an hour off because my number is based in one time zone but I live one time zone ahead. The MTN (mobile telephone number) is connected to the VM platform, therein your problem. So try to do the math when you get a VM, or use a VVM app on your phone (if you have a smartphone or iPhone).

0 Likes