Re: Who IS happy with 2.2?
MrDew

I'm defintly enjoying my froyo on my Dinc. I thought at one point that I had maybe a few of the problems but it was gone that night. I'm enjoying everything and my battery is easily lasting 18+ hours on a day of heavy use. Granted I hate seeing extra apps running but I have yet to see my battery being affected. My random resests stopped from 2.1 and my browser runs fun if not possibly faster after my newest update to flash. Which if you haven't yet is on the market. Though i guess I could always just be assuming it is cause I want it to be faster. lol doubt it. =D

Hey dab when is our gingerbread thread starting? =p

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MKInc wrote:

Well, I was anxiously awaiting the 2.2 upgrade, but now that I have it, I don't like what Verizon has done to it.

I did a factory reset and cleared memory on the phone and sd card before the install.

After the 2.2 update, I now have a lot of applications that I don't want that insist on starting themselves up on boot, and even if I go to app manager and force close them, they restart again.

Amazon MP3  - I don't have an account, why am I forced to run the app?

I don't have the Dinc so I am not sure how fix the rest of your issues. 

However, if the stock Amazon Mp3 is similar to one that was installed on my Eris, there is an easy fix for it.  Go to the market and search for Amazon mp3 and see if it give you the option to install.  If it does, go ahead and install it.  After install open up the app and make sure the "monitor connection" is unchecked.  Back out of the app as normal.  On the safe side, check your applications under settings and select Amazon mp3.  From there check if the "force stop" button is available.  If it is press it and click okay in the dialog. If not the app is already stopped.  Either way it should remain stopped and showing up as a process that appears "active".

best of luck with everything else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I may as well start that thread now lol. Four months away seems a bit too long lol.
0 Likes
MKInc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  Amazon MP3 is now NOT auto loading.  One down, many to go.  I will see if any others can be killed this way.

0 Likes
RHL

Thanks to all for your feedback, I am sure it is very valuable to all and judging by the amount of views, many people were interested. I have some important business this week and cannot risk I may have  problems, but I am adventurous and will try the upgrade next week. Thank you again to all who contributed!

0 Likes
vicpim74

ajnevares1 wrote:

I am on my 3rd incredible since the release of 2.2 and the overall performance of the phone is subpar compared to the 2.1update1 version.

3 phones with 2.2 and repetitive issues indicates the issue is with the software and not the phone. Verizon will continue to push me replacements but my best bet is hoping for the supposed update containing fixes in the coming weeks.

Like many other users ...the phone/software was much more solid prior to 2.2.

I totaly agree with you..I just got a brand new replacement phone today & the problem is not with the phone but with the software.....2.1 software was more stable & the phone ran fast & was responsive on 2.1! I would love to roll back!!!

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm starting to wonder what VZ was really doing when they said, in June, and July, and in August, that they were performing quality assurance testing on froyo before releasing it to us. Geeze, next time don't makes us wait for what was obviously a lot of thumb spinning. I wonder if the AT&T network engineers pull double duty as VZ handset quality control personel. Smiley Happy
0 Likes