Who is suppose to Fix the Poor Streaming Audio quality?
wfooffroad

Just a quick question

Who is suppose to fix the bad sounding streaming audio quality?

This this something Google / Verizon / Motorola will fix or is this left for the developers to fix?

I can not stand telling my phone not to update but I cant said the poor audio quality more!!!!

Someone fix this please

0 Likes
Re: Who is suppose to Fix the Poor Streaming Audio quality?
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have had no issues with streaming quality... so that probably rest with verizon and google combined
0 Likes
wfooffroad

Its amazing how so many of the same phones get the same update and each phone takes the update differently causing different problems for each phone.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

wfooffroad wrote:

Its amazing how so many of the same phones get the same update and each phone takes the update differently causing different problems for each phone.

Exactly, and since the phones are physically identical, that tells me all these problems being reported are self-inflicted - ie; almost surely a result of an installed app, and not the phone itself.  That's the only variable, right?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's a known issue with some of the streaming media apps like Pandora.  The developers didn't adjust their apps to be in line with how Froyo handles it so the audio quality went in the toilet.  Google has a fix but no eta on if/when it may be available for stock users.  

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
But it isn't every us... my Pandora works the exact same.
0 Likes
DodgerCats

I installed 2.2 on the 1st Droid replacement they gave me- no apps, wallpapers, etc were installed since the phone was updated to 2.2 straight out of the box. The battery level was almost full before install. Upon installing 2.2, the battery could not hold a charge within 10 minutes. On the 2nd Droid replacement, I took the same battery that had indicated a 5% battery level and put it into the new replacement (which was on 2.1), and it immediately read as 70%.

I agree that some apps may cause a conflict, however in my case Froyo was clearly the culprit....so to assume that all these problems are self-inflicted is **bleep**.

johnM356 wrote:

wfooffroad wrote:

Exactly, and since the phones are physically identical, that tells me all these problems being reported are self-inflicted - ie; almost surely a result of an installed app, and not the phone itself.  That's the only variable, right?

0 Likes
Chm29

I've started having audio problems when streaming podcasts. It used to be, some shows I would lose the signal. Now I have audio issues: I could listen to downloaded RadioLab podcast fine through the Amazon MP3 Player, but lately, the audio is really slow, like slowing down a turntable. Then I tried streaming an ESPN Grantland podcast this morning on the "Music" player, and the sound was garbled. Ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chm29, I'm sorry your no longer able to listen to podcast on your device. Having the ability to listen to music, videos, and other apps is very important on our smartphones. Have you cleared the cache and browser history on your device lately? This will help the functionality of your phone. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/ajrskw . I would also enable/disable safe mode to check if an app if causing the issue http://tiny.cc/nmrskw . Please keep us posted on the status of your issue. Also, have you had any physical or water damage to your device?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
ccheney85

ANYTHING ABOUT THIS YET??? Smiley Sad Smiley Sad I use Streaming all the time and it is so glitchy cuts out the whole time but sometimes its fine

0 Likes