Why Am I Unable To Connect My Droid Mini To My PC?
OKFLIPOK

I use to be able to connect my droid mini to lap top and down load pictures ,ect. Yesterday I attempted to and there is now a "CD driver installer" stating Verizon wireless upgrade assistant. This seems to down load but never dose anything after and I am unable to gain access to my cell from computer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Am I Unable To Connect My Droid Mini To My PC?
MRCHILDRESS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pull down from the top to show your notifications and tap where its says installer and it should give you the options to use usb as media device or photo transfer.

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

Ran into this same problem myself with my Mini. The solution was to access Settings > Storage then select the menu option from the upper right corner, then select USB computer connection. On that screen is the Software Install option, set that to Off if you can and the Mini should show up correctly rather than the software install directory or screen.

Note: If you have Developer Options enabled and the USB Debugging option under Developer Options enabled then the Software install option under USB computer connection will be gray out and non selectable. The workaround is to disable USB debugging then turn off the Software install option then turn USB debugging back on.

0 Likes
OKFLIPOK

I wanted to say THANK YOU but the last I tried something * was scolded by

the gate guards. What you shared worked and again Thanks*

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM, bennor3814 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

Good to hear it worked for you. It had me scratching my head trying to figure out how to fix it for a day or two with my Mini.

0 Likes