There's a problem with my accounts/settings I think. Here's what I believe to be the relevant details:
1. My girlfriend broke my phone. It still functioned for the most part, but the camera no longer worked.
2. My friend had also gotten a droid X when I got mine, but later upgraded. He sold me his old one for cheap.
3. Did a factory reset on his old/my current Droid X, and set up my accounts and such.
4. Via the G+ App > Settings, I tried to turn on Instant Upload (since I now had a working camera)
It is set to OFF and says "To turn on Instant Upload you need to enable sync in the Android "Accounts & sync" settings.
Pressing that takes me to the "Battery and Data Manger" page...
Under "Data Delivery" both Background Data and Data Enabled are checked.
Under social applications, "Sync over Wi-Fi only" is unchecked, and Data delivery frequency is set to 'Automatic (Push)'
Email and corporate Sync is grayed out.
5. Under "My Accounts" and my gmail account, "Data & synchronization" is the only heading. It lists most if not all of my Google stuff:
Sync Google+, Sync Google Play Books, Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Instant Upload.
The only options in each of those is "Touch to Sync Now"...
Pressing the options key only brings up "Sync Now"
5.a Twitter is the same way.
Under location & security settings,
'Select device administrators', there is only: Admin Notifier
Use secure credentials and Clear storage are both grayed out.
Under About Phone is the following:
System Updates: Your device is up to date
System Version is 4.5.621.MB810Verizon.en.US
Android Version is 2.3.4
Hi there GrimGriz!
I absolutely love the auto sync for Google ! It's such a nice feature and I want it to work for you. It sounds like you're definitely on the right path. Thank you so much for trying all of those settings.
Based on the information you provided to me, it seems like the only thing that hasn't been checked is the settings in the actual Google app. Open it up, hit menu and make sure all of the settings are set correctly there as well.
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
Where do I go to download the google sync backup? every night my phone tries to backup it fails. I connected it to my laptop and signed on to Verizon. I thought I could backup that way. I really need to backup, please help