Why can't I create a shortcut?
daveysan

I recently received a Droid Bionic replacement for my damaged one.  I want to create a shortcut on its home page that will call a particular phone number when pressed.  When I hold a finger on a blank spot on the home page, the only choices that appear are "Choose wallpaper from... Live Wallpapers, My Gallery, Wallpapers."  No other choices exist; none to create a shortcut at least.  Can you help?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I create a shortcut?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Apps, then at the top press Widgets.  Slide the screen to the left until you see the Direct Dial widget.  Press and hold that widget and it will take you to the home screen; place it wherever you want (you can slide to whichever screen you want to use as well) and release.  You then will be taken to your People app; scroll to the appropriate contact and press it; that contact will now have a shortcut on your home screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Apps, then at the top press Widgets.  Slide the screen to the left until you see the Direct Dial widget.  Press and hold that widget and it will take you to the home screen; place it wherever you want (you can slide to whichever screen you want to use as well) and release.  You then will be taken to your People app; scroll to the appropriate contact and press it; that contact will now have a shortcut on your home screen.

0 Likes
daveysan

Thank you, tikibar1!  I am good to go.  I greatly appreciate your help!  ~~ daveysan

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome! 

0 Likes