Why cant i manage a 3-way call I have to hang up on all parties then call back and talk to the person i want to continue to talk to.!?
Missoctober64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I doing something wrong or is my phone just not capable of managing a 3 way call? My sister has a different verizon phone and it allows her to hang up on one or the other during a 3 way call or hang up on both! On my Droid Bionic I have to hang up on everyone and call the person i want to talk to back otherwisw it will say i am still on a conference call....

0 Likes
Re: Why cant i manage a 3-way call I have to hang up on all parties then call back and talk to the person i want to continue to talk to.!?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that is how it works on the Verizon Wireless network.

Can the party leaving the conference call hang up on their end and then you should have just yourself and the remaining party on the line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why cant i manage a 3-way call I have to hang up on all parties then call back and talk to the person i want to continue to talk to.!?
Missoctober64
Enthusiast - Level 1

When they hang up it still says conference call and it wont allow me to do anything. I cant even try to make a new 3 way call... It will show the conference  instead of just the one person that's left.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On my Bionic, when I have a three-way call and one of the parties hangs up, the other party and I are still on the call; it does still say 'conference call' on the screen, however

0 Likes
Missoctober64
Enthusiast - Level 1

it seem small to complain about it but it kinda bothers me and i was hoping there was a solution to it but i dont think there is.... thank for you input 😉  . 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So if I understood your original post correctly, you are on a three-way call and if one line hangs up, you and the other person can't hear each other or talk to each other?  Does the phone freeze up or something?  What happens when one of the parties hangs up?

0 Likes
Re: Why cant i manage a 3-way call I have to hang up on all parties then call back and talk to the person i want to continue to  talk to.!?
Missoctober64
Enthusiast - Level 1

When someone hangs up it still says conference call and then I am no longer able to make a new 3 way call.... the other person could be there on the phone still but it makes me wonder if i am being charged mins for the other person still cause it still shows conference still. Kinda bugs me. i came from T MOBILE and I could join calls and manage calls etc but on Verizon i cant do this.... 

0 Likes
Re: Why cant i manage a 3-way call I have to hang up on all parties then call back and talk to the person i want to continue to  talk to.!?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are experiencing is also a limitation of the CDMA network used by Verizon Wireless. GSM networks don't have this restriction. When Verizon Wireless switches to VoLTE which is also a GSM based network, the restriction should hopefully be removed from conference calls on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Missoctober64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you know when this switch is going to take place?Smiley Happy At least I have something to look forward too!.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a Verizon Wireless press release recently that said they were going to start the VoLTE trials or something in 2013. I don't recall the rest. Check out their press releases under the "About Us" link at the top of the website.