Why do I keep getting an 'Account Action Required' message?
Droid1954

I keep getting Account Action Required constantly through the day.  It is always trying to log onto my gmail account.  I created anew email account disable the old one but it still pops up all day.  It's so annoying.  Any suggestions

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Account Action Required
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Droid1954,

This has happened to me in the past so I totally understand how frustrating it can get to keep getting this notification. Let's get it fixed.

Are you getting the notification for the old email account or the new one? Make sure that the old email is not still synced to the phone. if the apps were linked to your old gmail account please follow the steps provided by SuzyQ and keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the old gmail account the one that is linked to your google play store?  Any apps that are trying to update need to log on to get the updates.  You can set the apps to update only over wifi, and to update in the background.  If you have it set to manually update, then it's needing you to log in and do the updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Droid1954,

This has happened to me in the past so I totally understand how frustrating it can get to keep getting this notification. Let's get it fixed.

Are you getting the notification for the old email account or the new one? Make sure that the old email is not still synced to the phone. if the apps were linked to your old gmail account please follow the steps provided by SuzyQ and keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes