Why does my new Droid Mini power down after 10 min of inactivity?
MamaJ_123

I just started using my new phone today and found that after 10 min of inactivity, the phone powers down.  I have the sleep setting set to 10 min, but instead of going into "sleep" mode, the phone completely powers down.  Is there some other setting that I need to check in the phone??

0 Likes
Re: Why does my new Droid Mini power down after 10 min of inactivity?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, MamaJ_123! I do regret that your new Droid Mini is shutting down. Let's work to put a stop to that behavior! You mentioned that the device is new. Please confirm the software version of the device by going to Settings> About phone> System version.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
MamaJ_123

The System Version on the phone said:  23.3.24.obakem-verizon.Verizon.en.US.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is helpful! The software was recently updated to improve the performance of the device. Please go back to Settings>About Phone, then choose System Update and complete the steps given. Once updated please keep me updated on the status of the screen timeout.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
MamaJ_123

I updated the system software so now i'm on version 24.3.7.  Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem.  The phone still turns off once the display goes to "sleep".  I tried changing the sleep time to 1 min and same thing.  It shuts off instead of "sleeps".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly strange, MamaJ_123. Thanks for trying the update! Just to make sure we understand what happens, do you have to press and hold your power key to turn the phone back on when this occurs? At that point does it go through the entire startup process or does it go straight to the home screen? Try placing your phone into Safe Mode using the steps at http://vz.to/16K3nme and see if the phone goes to sleep and powers down while Safe Mode is active please.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes